Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just fitted the new scorpion slip-on last night. Looks great. 1 problem, exhaust is leaking from where the back side of the pipe connects to the mid-pipe. I don't kno if the clamp they sent just sucks or what. Any1 have this problem, or a solution?

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
did you mess up the gasket?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, its comin out on the right side. On the back of the pipe, underneath that clamp scorpion supplies u with.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i got a scorpian on mine i had a problem too i dont believe i do anymore just make sure its fitted good and tighten the hell outa it.if u still got problems u can try a high temp silicone to put around it to seal it then u should be ight.[}:)]

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had that same problem, it's too much back pressure, i took the gasket out of stock one and jam the pipe in there and use the high temp wrap from advance auto then i use the muffler clamp for cars, now it's perfect, no leaks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, that's what I'll do 2day then. I was gonna do that yesterday but the stores had already closed. Thanks, at least I kno I didn't just fuck it up

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mine leaked too on a 2hour ride and scorched all my heat resistant foil from under the bike, Scorpion picked up the can and replaced it within two days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.