Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the shortie exhaust on the side. I did do many searches and some people said that http://www.bozbros.com/ makes a shortie side exhaust for the 05-06 636. Well I called them and I was told that they do not. So where can I get one, or who here on the forums has made one that I can buy?

And yes I am sorry I did search, but found only one guy whoes bike looks like the limited edition R6 (all yellow) and he had the shortie side exhaust that I wanted, but I think he made his himself.

·
Registered
153 Posts
you've now joined the long list of zx6r owners that want a gp exhaust. did bozbroz say that they would be making one for the zx6r in the future?? i called racefit in the u.k. about their growler exhaust, they said they wanted to make one but that our exhaust design dos'nt suit it

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ya true, it is a big undertaking for someone though, that paternastor guy are whatever his name was made a real good attempt from what i could see in his pics, but again it would take up alot of someones time and money to start off something like that, its not long after the 06 was released though so if we give the exhaust manufacturers some time they might come out with a gp style, hate waiting though:(

·
Registered
160 Posts
welp rumor has it the 07 ZX will have the GP style exhaust. but fawk waiting on that imma look at it and try to figure out how to slap the stock 06 r6s exhaust on

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by nugix
its not long after the 06 was released though so if we give the exhaust manufacturers some time they might come out with a gp style, hate waiting though:(
That doesn't make sense since the '05 is the same bike, so they have already had plenty of time to produce something for the 636.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by SRT-4 Turbo 7
No bozbros did not give me a straight answer on whether or not they would be making one. I wish the one guy on here who made it would just start to produce them, because he could make a killing!

Here is a link to the one I want:

http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43509
I read this guys' thread a while ago and he made it sound like he was taking orders and wanted to start producing his exhaust on a limited production level. Have you tried sending him a PM?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Originally posted by Razor_crazed
welp rumor has it the 07 ZX will have the GP style exhaust. but fawk waiting on that imma look at it and try to figure out how to slap the stock 06 r6s exhaust on
http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/YA6626/ProductID/312477

245 shipped to your door. It looks sick, my only concern that this would be loud as hell, if you look at the R6 exhaust it bends underneath before it comes out giving you a longer section of piping. But hands down the price is better than any slip of the 05-06. Is there anyway to the the FI fix seperately? I am think about picking this up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I contacted two bros for there 06 R6 slip on and asked if they would adapt it to a 05-06 since they have all the specs on both it should not be too hard all they do is remove the mid-pipe and add an S-pipe to come out of the fairring they said if enough people inquire about if at least 25 then it would justify the manufacture of the added parts needed but please contact them 18002112767 tell them you would like to adapt a 2006 r6 slip on to a 2005-06 zx6r with no midpipe so it becomes gpstyle.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think it is a good idea, they are selling the Alum canister for 379. randy what do you thing of maybe starting a group buy. But we would need a serious head count.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am down, we need 25 people total.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by jamse-r

http://www.pipecity.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/YA6626/ProductID/312477

245 shipped to your door. It looks sick, my only concern that this would be loud as hell, if you look at the R6 exhaust it bends underneath before it comes out giving you a longer section of piping. But hands down the price is better than any slip of the 05-06. Is there anyway to the the FI fix seperately? I am think about picking this up.
thanks for the link, i might just have to order this up. my buddy has an 06 r6s and is lookin to change his exhaust and said i can have his old exhaust but he doesnt think hell do it till end of summer and i dont wanna wait that long

·
Registered
76 Posts
i am contacting two bros again tomorrow now that i see theres interest and try to get that 25 number lowerd the people at twobros were really helpful hopefully they will help futher

·
Registered
49 Posts
Okay I won't lie, I kinda like the GP style exhausts... However, we all know our bikes are designed for undertail exhausts; what are you guys planning on doing with the big gaping emptyness that will be left under the passenger seat if you move the can?

The hotbodies undertail would work if they sold it separately and people felt like spending huge money to get a GP pipe, the HB undertail, then do the bodywork to fill the holes from the HB exhaust, and then paint... Is it really worth it? For that, you're in the full system price range.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.