Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a nice day so i decided to do the DIY exhaust mod variation i came up with and finally took pics of the tail like i promised. enjoy. :)

(Blitz Tail Elim. Notice my other love in the pic)

(gotta love this angle. Sucks that its apart)

(cut off tips)

(1 5/8" drill bit instead of folding/cutting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE48OrohOX0
(Does no justice. Sounds Great in real life!)

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
It does sound great but you need to seal the tip on to the can with JB weld or some things else. So far there have been two people talking about how the exhaust gas is getting shot back under the tail fairing above the upper heat shield, causing the plastic under the seat to melt. Look at my original post to see some pics.. But it should be taken care of by sealing the exhaust tip onto the exhaust its self.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a free day tomorrow, guess ill wip-out the good ol jb weld. Thanks for the tip, i saw this in the other thread and got super concerned. Tomorrow it is.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Please post pics of how you guys do this/how it comes out. I'm gonna have to do something like this as well. Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm sure the sound gains are nice, but dude, that looks like complete shit. How does it look with the plastics back on?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks entirely stock. Someone who doesn't own one of these would never know that this was done. Gimme a sec ill show you.

·
Registered
256 Posts
So you just cut the tips off the stock pipe were the very first welds are? Are the baffles still in the can also? I dont see were there would be much gain if the baffles are still in there, or i could be wrong.

·
Registered
106 Posts
There is a write up by me in the how to section.. Although i like the way he cut the second baffle out, It should shed some light on the subject for you...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea the DIY is great! Thanks man cause i enjoy the rumble of this thing. I just wanted it to be slightly cleaner so i drilled the wall instead of bending it. so big thumbs up for you bro.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts