Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have something burnt into the stainless steel pipe on my Two Bros exhaust. I called the manufacturer and they said to take steel wool to the pipe to rub the burnt stuff off. Is there any other way to do this? I'm concerned about making the issue worse than it currently is by scuffing the pipe up. Are there any creams I can use on the exhaust to get this off?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
cream lol could try metal polish from autozone or some shit. ive got some mothers, ik theres other brands too

·
Registered
78 Posts
mothers stainless steel polish and a polishing ball. its gonna take alittle time and some elbow greese, but it should work.

i posted before i looked at the picture. you might have a tough time getting that off. looks like discoloration in the metal its self. that maybe require sanding them polishing.... i would try just the polish first and see where it gets you.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Looks more like chrome than stainless steel but either way try the steel wool and polish any scratches that may be left. Sand paper as a last resort if the steel wool doesn't work for you.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks more like chrome than stainless steel but either way try the steel wool and polish any scratches that may be left. Sand paper as a last resort if the steel wool doesn't work for you.

I thought it was chrome, but 2Bros said all of their pipes are stainless steel.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from the garage and it looks like the Mothers polish worked pretty well.
Reps sent, thanks guys.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know her, but she seems cool too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts