Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering that too, if i get new exhaust, i have no carbs to jet.. so should i just adjust my idle to make up for the difference in airflow? bad pressure screws up engines real good. so people gotta be carefull with that crap.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Adjusting your idle will not compensate for changes in parts that result in increased airflow. Slip ons as a rule do not alter the air-fuel ratio enough in most cases to REQUIRE remapping. You might find that your bike still is optimized around 75-80% throughout the range with the addition of a slip on. However, you still WILL get gains from a remap. Even a stock bike might, as generally they come out of the crate lean for emissions reasons...

Do you NEED to rejet or remap? Likely not... it won't cause damage in short term. Will you get better throttle response and a much more accurate air-fuel ratio throughout the powerband? Probably... only you can decide if that's worth the price of the work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the reply. So basically, I as a recreational rider will not really have to get the power commander, if I understand you correctly. I can see where it would be helpful if I was doing track days or amateur racing, but I feel like I'll probably not be using the bike to its full potential anyway. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've a TBR slip-on and put the PCIII usb in with the TBR map and I noticed a major difference in the bikes acceleration and speed throughout the gears. Before I put the slip-on on I was running the stock map and it made a little improvement.

Paul

/forum/uploads/thasher917/resized1.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.