Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone...Just a quick question in regards to my exhaust... I own a 01 zx7r, I just bought a full muzzy exhaust system, a dynojet stage 1 jet kit, and a K&N air filter. I still have not installed the pipe or jetkit, but installed the k&n. The pipe and jet kit are sitting in a box in my garage. I want to know if I could install the headers and pipe without the jetkit? Is that bad for the bike?... I will be having a shop install the jetkit over the winter, but want the sound of the pipe now.

Thanx,

Redeyez

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sad to read that.... but glad to know. Do you know how much it might cost to install both pipe and jet kit? How many hours labour?

·
Registered
133 Posts
SAvee yourself some money by installing the pipe yourself just before taking it in to have carbs done. If you can operate a torque wrench, you can install the pipe. ANd remove the fairings as well. It'll save you $ if the shop has an easier time getting the tank and airbox and carbs off, and fairings just get in the way of this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx guys for the replys... I'll take some pix once I have the work done.... might have to crack the piggy bank to get it done... but enough is enough.

ps... what are you thoughts on synthetic oils?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.