Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i've done my search here but i don't seem to get the answers i needed. heres the quick run down. i've got a stock 03 636 and the exhaust bracket that holds it to the passenger peg broke off. guess the weld got old. who knows. so i took off the exhaust for now and i'm looking for a relatively cheap can. i like the gp style exhaust cause it doesn't show much of it, and pinebox is very considerable but i don't want to wait a couple of months before i can ride again.

seeing that there are the small can exhausts, how easy/possible is it to make it a shorty exhaust? like cutting down the original pipe and attaching the small can onto there. or anything around that style. I've seen on here some guys that made there exhausts shorter but never saw any pics nor do i know how they did it. Im down for an exhaust that just isn't as long as the stock one. if anyone can toss out any info on which exhaust would be ideal to do this with or how or any other alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
i cut 8 inches off my D&D pipe looks alot better, lets you see more of the rear wheel & swingarm and sounds awesome

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how did you mount it? is it still using the same passenger peg bracket or is it just hanging there?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool. your still using the original place to hold it up. i know see what your talking about. it looks good. not too high like the original exhaust. thanks for the options.

btw, when you chopped off 8 inches off the pipe, did you take it off near the can or near the header side?

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
i took off 8 inches at the tip and moved the D&D plate down and rerivited it back to give it that custom look by the stock hanger

·
Registered
62 Posts
i've got a stock 03 636 and the exhaust bracket that holds it to the passenger peg broke off.
That must have been an insanely fat b!tch riding passenger to break off the pegs!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That must have been an insanely fat b!tch riding passenger to break off the pegs!
lol im surprised she didnt pop my tires or break my suspension! never again will i give rides. unless shes a skinny broad. hahahaha.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I personally like how Muzzys exhausts sound on this generation ZX-6R. One thing I will never understand though is why people go out and spend all this money on aftermarket exhausts and then just turn right around and hack them up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i had ur same problem... i ran my bike without the exhaust but it ran like shit... ive always wanted a new slip on but jus didnt have the money so i went down to the local bike junk yard and asked the guy if he had ne costoms exhaust for my 03 636 he came out wit this youshi rs3 stainless exhaust i was pretty banged up but he only wanted 30 bucks for it so i bought it took it home cut bout 5 inches off it (where it was damaged) and like that i had a nice LOUD exhaust for $30 cant bet that

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I personally like how Muzzys exhausts sound on this generation ZX-6R. One thing I will never understand though is why people go out and spend all this money on aftermarket exhausts and then just turn right around and hack them up.
muzzy's a good brand but unfortunately i havent found one thats within my budget.

i had ur same problem... i ran my bike without the exhaust but it ran like shit... ive always wanted a new slip on but jus didnt have the money so i went down to the local bike junk yard and asked the guy if he had ne costoms exhaust for my 03 636 he came out wit this youshi rs3 stainless exhaust i was pretty banged up but he only wanted 30 bucks for it so i bought it took it home cut bout 5 inches off it (where it was damaged) and like that i had a nice LOUD exhaust for $30 cant bet that
you ran yours without the exhaust? ever get harassed by cops? i do admit it sounds mean as hell tho. and i never thought of lookin at a local junk yard. gotta find one around here tho. that is honestly one hell of a deal. i think imma do what you did and see what deals i can find.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i run an r6 stock exhaust and love it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
yeh i live in delaware and i have to go to philly to the junk yard but its not that bad of a drive... yeh i loved the sound the headers made but too many people told me it was bad for the bike... at first i thought that it added some more torqe but wen i put the yushi pipe on i noticed a big difference the bike jus ran alot smoother but the sound was one of a kind... i cant say that ne cops (i call them pigs) mess wit me... i guess they were to busy writting me a ticket for reckless driving for doin a wheelie but wateva shit happens...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha. hmm i didnt know it was bad for the bike. oh well. its not in operation for now. i have looked on ebay but theres a very limited selection for the 03-04 636. and if anything the price isnt that cheap. i think imma go with what you did and check out a junk yard. i searched around last night to see where are the closest ones. ill let you guys know what i find.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
blazalan, what year r6 exhaust? and how easy was it to mount on?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
scratch that, it must be the recent ones. i just looked up a pic. but besides that, how easy was it to mount it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts