Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions regarding exhausts. My bikes have always been stock as far as the exhaust goes. I really don't want to replace them for performance sake as I only use my bike for street riding. However, the carbon fiber akras look badass on the black 10r with the fender eliminator. I want one more for the looks than anything else. My question...do you need a PC3 for the akra slip ons? on the website it quotes:

"The Bolt-On, Slip-On, Sport Production, Racing, Evolution and Street Legal lines are designed to function properly using the stock carburetor or electronic fuel injection set-ups. This means that no changes to the stock set-ups are necessary in order to use Akrapovic exhaust systems. Also, all of the performance specifications which we measure and list for each exhaust system model are based on stock set-ups. We assume full responsibility for the accuracy of these specifications. However, we also believe that it is possible to improve the original set-ups when our exhaust systems are used."

I take it that means you don't need a PC 3. If I don't install a PC 3 will the bike be any less as far as performance than it is now? Like I said I don't necessarily care about increasing performance so much as the 10 is enough already, but I don't want to decrease it at all either. I'd rather not spend another 300 bucks to install something I don't really need. Also, without a PC3 does the bike have more of a tendancy to stall when warming up like some people said they have had problems with after putting on an exhaust?

Thanks for the help...sorry for the dumb questions.

·
Registered
232 Posts
as far as i know, unless you get the full systems, pc's arent really all that necessary. I plan on getting some yoshi blings for mine and my dealer said that i wouldnt need a PC for it as it really does nothing more than sound and look better...I want that Boz system though and pretty sure that id need a PC for it...who knows...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.