Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, my buddy and I went riding. I then noticed that my "FI" light was on. I have the two brothers exhaust with the FI light fix that came with the system. I later discovered that the servo motor had somehow siezed. I disconnected and reconnected the motor in hopes it would turn, but to no avail. My question is, is it safe to still ride with the servo motor no longer moving? I had order for a new motor and might be thinking of purchasing the Ivan Performance servo eliminator.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
It will be fine to ride till the end of time like that, but you'll never know if the fi light comes on for another reason (because its already on).. I would go with whatever is cheaper.

·
Registered
380 Posts
mine actually seized yesterday during my 300 mile ride. this is the third time that it has happened. what i normally do is remove your seat and move the servo around. that means twist the part that rotates with your fingers. then turn on your bike, your light should shut off. if it isnt, then youll need a new servo. i hope this helps!

·
Registered
651 Posts
There's also a post floating around here about bypassing the servo through the ECU. We're jumping wires for the "ECU mod", so why not for the servo? I might search for that link.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the response guys. At least I know I can still ride without having to worry that my engine is running to lean or rich. For now, I'll just order a used servo.[:M25]

·
Registered
577 Posts
Originally posted by TapnRack
Thanks for the response guys. At least I know I can still ride without having to worry that my engine is running to lean or rich. For now, I'll just order a used servo.[:M25]
You can take mine for 5% off any price you are quoted plus shipping.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's a daft question: should the standard exhaust valve open all the way to the stop when the ignition is turned on, before closing? I bought my '05 636 at Christmas and it'd been stood for a while. The FI light was on all the time and it was clear the exhaust valve wasn't turning at all. Now after a couple of days use it moves, but stops about 10mm short of the limit (viewed by looking up under the tail section). The FI light has gone out but the bike is very flat at the top end of the revs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone purchased the servo eliminator from Ivan's performance? I am curious as to how small it really is, if i could then fit my PC3 under the main seat, and if it is really worth the money? Are their any drawbacks to just having it in there turning? What if the bolt comes out, could/would that cause any damage?

Thanks,
Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts