Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'm sorry about my English, because it's not my first language.

I have an er6n from 2012 (latest version), I am thinking of changing the exhaust system and I have several questions I would like to resolve:

1- to change the exhaust in my version, do I have to change the whole system or can I take out the last part, and put the new exhaust with the old collectors?

2. In the case that it is necessary to change the collector, my bike is European and I have seen that the US has no hole for the CO2 sensor, would I need a collector with the hole or can I ride without the sensor?

3- Any exhaust recommendation, I don't want it to sound extremely high and cost around 300-400 euros, if less better :)

Thank you very much and sorry for my english

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
148 Posts
Black widow and delkevic make very nice budget systems for these bikes, you can pick one up for around 300 euros and they almost all sound nice and deep. Both manufacturers will have o2 sensor holes but also provide plugs in case you want to eliminate the o2 sensor. It is fine to ride without the o2 sensor, however I strongly recommend you get a cap-off plug which will fool o2 sensor readings for the ECU so it doesn't change AFM, without that you might get a check engine light and it MAY not run right. The cap off plugs you can probably pick up for like 5 euros so it's honestly not a big deal and don't require tuning (however tuning is always recommended when fiddling with anything related to fuelling). Honestly these bikes make it extremely difficult to have a slip on and I'd go full system all the way.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Pretty sure that from 2012 onwards theres no serviceable junction in the exhaust and a full system needs to be bought. Unless (as ive seen recently you get an exhaust shop cut the system after the collector. This is a pretty common question. Id suggest do a search of site and see which systems you like. Good luck !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen that it is necessary to remove the entire system, and another doubt has arisen, I have seen in my country exhaust systems for sale for earlier versions of the er6n, and I have been comparing with a friend who has the version before 2012 and the exhaust system (collectors, anchor points ...) seems the same. Does anyone know if they are compatible for later versions?

·
Registered
292 Posts
The 2012 onwards you can put the previous model exhausts on. The newer ones have a collar where they attach at the head apparently that is easy to make. Do some of your own research

1 - 5 of 5 Posts