Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 03 zx600 RR, I want to add a full exhaust system. whats the best choice for this particular bike. I do not race this bike, but I am looking for the system that will provide the most horsepower throughout the entire rpm range. money is not an issue in my determination. I am aware of the Akripovic race system that is available through kawasaki, I just dont want to spend 1,500 if it only gets me a couple of more horsepower vs. another brand. I will also be getting a POWER COMMANDER with any new exhaust system. Thanx for any help you can send my way.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You say "throughout the whole range"... most full exhaust systems are designed to create more power at the top end where racers live and need it. This usually sacrifices the BOTTOM end (say sub 5000rpm)... but do you really NEED power down there? If you want a pipe that produces the most PEAK power, check out a full system from Akrapovic or Arata or a similar line, but if all you really want is a little less restrictive exhaust that maintains the linear stock curve with a few extra ponies in most ranges, maybe you should look at a slip on... and there's LOTS of good ones out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.