Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first bike, an 09 LE Ninja 250 w/ 1.6k miles on it. It has a warranty until 2014, but my question is will putting an aftermarket exhaust on it void the warranty? Also, would I have to buy a jet kit if I put the PLMFG exhaust on it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes you would want to re-jet. Changing the exhaust dramatically affects the air/fuel mixture. I'm 98% positive it would void any kind of warranty you have with your bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you would want to re-jet. Changing the exhaust dramatically affects the air/fuel mixture. I'm 98% positive it would void any kind of warranty you have with your bike.
thank you. I guess it wouldnt be worth the hassle to change exhaust & re-jet...then change it all back to claim the warranty if something happened.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
They can only void the warranty if they can prove that your modification directly resulted in the failure. For example if you replaced the exhaust with a straight pipe and leaned it out to the point that you burnt an exhaust valve.

However, if you change the exhaust and the oil pump shits the bed then you should still be covered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They can only void the warranty if they can prove that your modification directly resulted in the failure. For example if you replaced the exhaust with a straight pipe and leaned it out to the point that you burnt an exhaust valve.

However, if you change the exhaust and the oil pump shits the bed then you should still be covered.
Exactly... they have to prove without a doubt that the failure is because of the new exhaust... which really is pretty difficult to do... your good to go.. get that new exhaust !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts