Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the market for an exhaust cuz the the one i have now (stock) has a high pitch noise. Is there an exhaust that has more of a mellow deep tone. something not to rhaspy. and that looks good. im leaning toward the one that comes out of the bottom of the bike (but havent figured out what will go in its place)so my seat wont get so hot. but im open for suggestions. people on this site seem to know all the ups and down when it comes to this bike thing. cuz im just getting my feet wet...ough.. another quest. how often do u do an oil change?? my bile got 2714 miles on it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
motowerkz.com

they have a gp style exhaust that exits underneath the right rearset. it also comes with an undertail to fill the hole where the stock exhaust was.

check it out, it's a pretty cool setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
true...thanks.. just looked at it and it looks good, but is there something with a deeper sound.?? i've seen that one befor when i was browsing threw the threads and it caught my eye.. it would probably make my ride more comfortable due to not sitting on the actual exhaust. but who knows..

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope you changed the oil once already for the first service other than that I usually change my oil every 1500 but I mostly use my bike for spirited rides not commuting.

naw havent changed it yet.. i got the bike from friend who couldn't afford it so it didn't come with a manuel so i don't know much about it. its my first one.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Don't ride the bike until you've changed the oil. Don't ride the bike until you've inspected your fluid levels and chain lubrication/slack.

As for the oil change, take off your left side plastic. I'd suggest investing in a rear stand if you're going to stick with the hobby of motorcycling. Remove your drain plug from the oil pan on the bottom of the bike. Tilt it to the left and the right (with a friend). Remove your oil filter (left side of bike in a cramped little nook). Make sure you have a rag stuffed underneath. Re-install drain bolt. Replace filter and don't forget the oil inside and on the o-ring. Then just put in the new oil via filler cap on right side of bike. Done.

That's the super simplified version, if I forgot anything someone please let him know. There are a few threads with how-to's so you can search if you want/need pictures.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
ur not the first one thats said it. i know how to ride a dirt bike so it'll b ok... i hope
A dirtbike is a big jump. Too late now though. Should have checked out a DRZ400SM or something similar.

the LV is more of my style nice and low put powerful when on the throttle. Is it a slip on or do i have to get the whole set up ??
Leo is very pricey; their slipon is around $700. Jardine's slipon is roughly $500. Leo Vince has a better reputation, for whatever that counts for. The shape of their canister is also more suited to the styling of the bike, just like the Akra, Beet, and Arrow.

Jardine only makes a slipon. Leo Vince makes both a slipon and full system.

Personally I would wait until you can afford a full system and spend your money right now on making sure you have good gear and that your bike is in top condition given its shady history. If you're really itching to spend some money maybe take a look at your tires or get some stainless brake lines. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
dang those LV are expensive...a little to much for my pockets, ima have too keep searching. boy do they sound good thou. but if ima go that route it'll b the last thing. now bout the brake lines replaceing them would make a diff.? whats wrong with the ones that they come with?? but some nice stainless polished ones would look good to. the tires look pretty new. and i did spend some money on a few things...chrome grips, stand, poilshed sliders, polished levers(cuz it was droped on the right side and the front brake lever got broken), poilshes bar ends, and polished swingarm spools, and some gear. gota icon helmet, jacket, and gloves..

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
the LV is more of my style nice and low put powerful when on the throttle. Is it a slip on or do i have to get the whole set up ??

The jardine sounds really nice ( i have one )...when your up there in the RPM's it has nice deep sound to it.

As for the oil change shit......you DO NOT need to remove the plastics to change the oil. The filter is a little difficult to remove but if your mechanically inclined, you'll be fine.

Check all your fluid levels, tire pressure, etc.....also....send me your e-mail address, I have something that will help you with maintaining your bike.

ride safe....

·
Registered
44 Posts
you don't have to remove the fairing if you have the right filter tool. if your looking for a deep throaty saound check out the two bros. i like the sound but if your looking for performance stick with lv or akra. hope i helped a little bit. welcome to the street bike world.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
TAKE OFF YOUR PLASTIC.

Are you guys talking about the strap wrench for filter removal?

Think about this. His filter is the one that came from the factory. How many of us had a bitch of a time getting that thing off? I know mine tore apart a strap wrench, and required a heat gun AND a stab from a screw driver before it would come out. I saved the damn thing as a heirloom because I have never, ever had that much difficulty in any of my bikes with an oil filter.

If you take the fairing off for your first time you will have a FAR easier time seeing what you're doing and when you're ready to do your next oil change you'll be far more confident doing it with the fairings still on the bike. Just my advice, take it or leave it I don't care. lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
mine was a bitch to, but i used a screw diver with a pair of channel locks and left the fairin on. it all depends on how you hit it. but yea it is a pain in the ass. damn those gorillas.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
TAKE OFF YOUR PLASTIC.

Are you guys talking about the strap wrench for filter removal?

Think about this. His filter is the one that came from the factory. How many of us had a bitch of a time getting that thing off? I know mine tore apart a strap wrench, and required a heat gun AND a stab from a screw driver before it would come out. I saved the damn thing as a heirloom because I have never, ever had that much difficulty in any of my bikes with an oil filter.

If you take the fairing off for your first time you will have a FAR easier time seeing what you're doing and when you're ready to do your next oil change you'll be far more confident doing it with the fairings still on the bike. Just my advice, take it or leave it I don't care. lol

ummmm...whats up with CAPS.....do you know this guy personally. It might be a little easier if it's done with the plastics off, but not necessary. I drove a screwdriver through it and had the oil changed in about 10-15 minutes....maybe less

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yeah. So for someone who just joined the forum, hasn't read any of the writeups, and is on his first motorcycle, I'd say it's a good idea to not take the chance of having the handle of the screwdriver you're forced to use to get the filter removed slip from your hands as every ounce of strength is sucked from your body and go slamming into your fairing and leaving a nice dent. Run-on sentence: yes.

I'd say if he's able to get if off with just a strap wrench or socket he's very lucky.

And I think I can use CAPS whenever I want. If his ZX-6R is anything like mine, it's best to remove the plastic for his maiden oil change voyage. I think it's safe to assume that he has never performed an oil change on a motorcycle. So why risk it? For 10 minutes? Really? I'm a big guy and for how hard I was pulling on that screwdriver and how much force I had behind my socket before my strap wrench was destroyed, if I had slipped once I would have put a whole straight through my shiny red ABS plastic.

At this point he's going to just do what he wants so whatever. Moving on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.