Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
it's not suppose to be really high performance. MJS is popular among the R1 and R6 crowd/forum. their producs are good, you pretty much get what you paid for.

·
Registered
143 Posts
is that just a stock muffler powder coated black, or is it a performace muffler that looks like stock? If so, i wouold be interested, since I dont like the way any of the other aftermarket cans look

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
the guy uses race baffles for the R1 and R6 stock mufflers, so i'm gonna assume that he used it for our muffler as well. if you look into the tip of the muffler you can see through the race baffle into the back.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I wouldn't mind buying that header though. It would make for a good replacement instead of cutting out the cat! What do you guys think? I can't see if you can buy that seperately though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the guy uses race baffles for the R1 and R6 stock mufflers, so i'm gonna assume that he used it for our muffler as well. if you look into the tip of the muffler you can see through the race baffle into the back.
It says it too in the page that there is a straight through race baffle going through and I see it through that one side.

I wouldn't mind buying that header though. It would make for a good replacement instead of cutting out the cat! What do you guys think? I can't see if you can buy that seperately though.
You can buy just the header right here...

http://www.mjsperformance.com/zx6r0708raceheader.htm

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just installed the exhaust manifold on my bike,also have a yoshi slip.the exhaust sound great and with the cat missing you save about 10 pounds of weight.quality of the welds are very good.the bike runs great and i dont have a pc3.this is a great way to save some money instead doing a full race exhaust with a pc3.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i just installed the exhaust manifold on my bike,also have a yoshi slip.the exhaust sound great and with the cat missing you save about 10 pounds of weight.quality of the welds are very good.the bike runs great and i dont have a pc3.this is a great way to save some money instead doing a full race exhaust with a pc3.
Did you install the one from the site or a different one?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Its a gutted stock pipe and a stock header with a cat delete. If you don't know how to weld give a buddy that does a case of beer get the same results.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That's what i plan on doing. i'm looking to buy a stock header first though before i get a friend to modify it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Was the install very hard to do? Any chance to do a video clip for all of us here?

·
Registered
34 Posts
i purchased it from the site,and yes it is a stock manifold with the cat deleted.you will gain more power if you did a full exhaust because the manifold pipe is larger and longer so thier is less restriction.but with the cat just deleted you do not need a pc3 to run the bike.i will add a pc3 and a custom tune in the future.(the manifold from the web site is ceramic painted black)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Was the install very hard to do? Any chance to do a video clip for all of us here?
the install was easy(i am a automechanic).all i did was removed the right side plastics to remove the exhaust manifold.the total install took less than 1 hour.you will need 10mm socket,12mm socket and a 12mm gear wrench plus allen keys to do this job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the install was easy(i am a automechanic).all i did was removed the right side plastics to remove the exhaust manifold.the total install took less than 1 hour.you will need 10mm socket,12mm socket and a 12mm gear wrench plus allen keys to do this job.
Cool thanks for letting me know!

·
Registered
171 Posts
subscribed - i am interested in how this product plays out - seems like a nice addition to a quality slip for those that do not need a full system

1 - 19 of 19 Posts