Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy an exhaust... I'm thinking just a slip-on - i just want noise lol... but I really don't know which direction to go in... i want a little bit of a deeper sound i think... any recommendations?

thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
+1 on that.. I want something on the same lines as well.. Performance isn't a big issue with me at the moment.. Would you have to run a power commander with slip on and a K&N filter?? Say if I got a slip on akra without link pipe? Would it matter with link pipe? Do you have to disconnect butterfly or can you get a slip on that replaces your stock muffler without modding?This has probably been discussed to death.. my appoligies.. :) Just looking for input... Thx

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I'm looking to buy an exhaust... I'm thinking just a slip-on - i just want noise lol... but I really don't know which direction to go in... i want a little bit of a deeper sound i think... any recommendations?

thanks!
Not to be rude, but you need to search for exhaust threads in the 09 zx6r area. This has been covered in at least 40 different postings and this is just another one to add to the count.

M4 slippy is a very nice exhaust (loud, deep). Just figured I'd contribute somewhat but do a search and you will find out so much more information.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks tzy_R6.. Oh and thanks also hedz0r for your guidance... :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not to be rude, but you need to search for exhaust threads in the 09 zx6r area. This has been covered in at least 40 different postings and this is just another one to add to the count.

M4 slippy is a very nice exhaust (loud, deep). Just figured I'd contribute somewhat but do a search and you will find out so much more information.

Quick question TGM6? Do you run a pc with your M4? Why or Why Not? Thanks..

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Quick question TGM6? Do you run a pc with your M4? Why or Why Not? Thanks..
I do not run a PC with my exhaust. The reason is that I don't see a true reason to run a PC unless I am tracking my bike. If I were to be tracking my bike, I would have purchased a full exhaust system with a PC. If I do remember correctly, though, the PC/Autotune will lessen the occurrence of having your exhaust backfire but not completely.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I do not run a PC with my exhaust. The reason is that I don't see a true reason to run a PC unless I am tracking my bike. If I were to be tracking my bike, I would have purchased a full exhaust system with a PC. If I do remember correctly, though, the PC/Autotune will lessen the occurrence of having your exhaust backfire but not completely.

Thanks for your input.. appreciate it TGM6...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Thanks for your input.. appreciate it TGM6...
No problem. You won't feel any loss/gain in power from installing an M4 slip-on but the sound to me is awesome. Some say it is too loud but I think it is just right. It's not obnoxious like a fart-can on a car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just logged-in for the first time...needed to talk to people who love kawi's as much as i do. Adding to the exhaust conversation, in my case i just put on my 06' Z750 a "two-brothers" aluminum pipe and man it is sick. It makes the bike feel like a bist on acceleration with lots of torque. the weight reduction is insane. feels so diferent its definatly a better bike. I have a friend who rides with "yoshimura" pipes and i can onestly say that the 'Twobros" pipe sounds better by a hole lot. Even my wife agreas with me and she dosnt know much a bout bikes ...well that and they look realy good...................check them out and find what is best for you..!

·
Registered
425 Posts

thanks!
Hey LaZXFrO, welcome to KF. To avoid getting hassled, it's best you use the search function before starting threads asking questions that are VERY commonly asked.
Using the search will also lead you to photos and opinions which are always helpful in making a decision.
I have an M4 GP black and it looks awesome but it's LOUD!! You'll read all about members' experiences in some recent threads

·
Registered
15 Posts
you could sace your self a load of cash doing what i did go to autozone and
buy a $15 tip it loud and sounds great and cheap i think the dia. is 2.5 or .2.75 for the tip

1 - 19 of 19 Posts