Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been asked before but I can't find it so OH WELL. Im looking to upgrade the 636's exhaust. If I had money I would go with a full akra or even a slip on akra but Im a little short on money. So Im just looking for a slip on that is respectable for a kawasaki. What do you guys suggest. Im looking to stay at or under 400.00. Help please.....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To make helping me easier. I like Scorpion, Hindle, Muzzy, Yosh, Jardine, as far as looks go. I havent got to hear any of them on a 600 much less a 636

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell number. You can hear what a 2 Bros. sounds like. You'll change your mind and want one...

Don't laugh, about 4 people have listened to it over the phone already![:p]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
SB: [:M120]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Put an M4 High Mount Ti on mine this past weekend...its different...I've been a muzzy guy for a long time, but wanted the high mount and got a good price on the M4.

It looks killer....just trying to get used to the sound...its deep thats for sure

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now Im between the two bro's (after I hear mred's) or the akra. I can get the two bro's for $369.00 or the akra for $510.00. Those prices are from 411. I still wish I could hear more about some of the others though. Im still not wanting to pay 500 bucks for a pipe when I paid that much for a cat back for my mustang...lol

Anyone have any input on scorpion, muzzy, or hindle.

It seems like Yosh is for suzuki, does that really matter if I put it on my 636???

·
Registered
422 Posts
Like i said..i had a yoshi on my bike..it sounded damn good..and a buddy of mine had one on his 02 zx6r..and it sounded good too. I'd still have it if i didn't crash and scrape it to hell. It was definitely loud enough to turn heads..and gave a little extra mmmph

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm very demanding when it comes to exhausts, so if I didn't want to shell the money out for an Akrapovic or Arata, the next I'd look at would be Laser or Yoshimura. Yosh to me is the best bang for the buck but still with enough high end build quality and proven performance that I'd still be happy. As always, my advice is to find someone with the exhaust you're considering on a similar displacement bike, and give it a good inspection and listen and ask about power characteristics compared to stock. Once you buy it, you're stuck with it, so why not do some homework?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I called mred and heard his exhaust and unless I hear something I like better in the next few days then Im going with the three brothers. I like the way it looks and it sounded sweet. Thanks alot mred that was really cool of you.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i have a two bros c5 carbon slip on and my brother has a hindle slip on on his 03 6r. the hindle sounds a lil better in my opinion but the fit was horrible compared to my two bros. also the hindle mid pipe is a cheap looking dull aluminum pipe compared to the two bros stainless peice which has a cool two bros stamp welded onto it. my exhaust fit is excellent while the hindle required us to put spacers in between the exhaust hanger to make the fit right, the muffler clamp was way too small. imo both are good pipes performance and sound wise, the hindle sounds cleaner but the 2 bros is an awesome fit and the mid pipe is awesome. i can post a few pics of em both if you want... just lemme know

·
Registered
605 Posts
UNLAWFULSPEED,

Check the s-bend clamp part number when you get it.

If the part# is 27-64MSH, then it's the wrong clamp. The correct clamp is 27-61MSH.

I know I'm not the only one who got the wrong clamp. Hopefully they've got it sorted out now.

Which material and size did you get? I have the C2 titanium and love it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
drumannewman has attached this file: exhaust_003__Medium_.jpg
drumannewman has attached this file: exhaust_002__Medium_.jpg
drumannewman has attached this file: exhaust_007__Medium_.jpg
drumannewman has attached this file: exhaust_008__Medium_.jpg
drumannewman has attached this file: exhaust_009__Medium_.jpg
drumannewman has attached this file: exhaust_005__Medium_.jpg

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.