Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 2019 ninja 650. it has about 70 miles on it so far. i am new to this so please bear w me. i want a loud exhaust (i know it wont be too loud because its not a 4 cyl). what do you guys recommend, and will i need a tune for it? i would rather not tune it right now. thank you

·
Registered
276 Posts
i just bought a 2019 ninja 650. it has about 70 miles on it so far. i am new to this so please bear w me. i want a loud exhaust (i know it wont be too loud because its not a 4 cyl). what do you guys recommend, and will i need a tune for it? i would rather not tune it right now. thank you
If you think that the number of cylinders is what determines youre in for a great surprise. These twins are some of the loudest engines when coupled with a slip on. I cant suggest which one to get as mine is a 2010 but have a look on YouTube theres lots of vids on various options. Also theres bound to be one for sale that has a slip on close to you Go check it out. Trust me theyre loud !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you think that the number of cylinders is what determines youre in for a great surprise. These twins are some of the loudest engines when coupled with a slip on. I cant suggest which one to get as mine is a 2010 but have a look on YouTube theres lots of vids on various options. Also theres bound to be one for sale that has a slip on close to you Go check it out. Trust me theyre loud !!
i havent heard any in person but definitely! i want a loud setup for it.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hi there, I had a Two Brothers Vale can on my '06 and it was the loudest bike on the track. It was WAR and from startup to any rpm. It was very loud even with the narrowest baffle available. I sold it after four years and I have a Leo Vince fitted, it makes an awesome sound without being obnoxious. Check out my profile, I posted a comparison thread a while ago :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there, I had a Two Brothers Vale can on my '06 and it was the loudest bike on the track. It was WAR and from startup to any rpm. It was very loud even with the narrowest baffle available. I sold it after four years and I have a Leo Vince fitted, it makes an awesome sound without being obnoxious. Check out my profile, I posted a comparison thread a while ago :)
thank you i will check it out

·
Registered
2019 Kawasaki Ninja 650 ABS
11 Posts
I also have a 2019 and I just put an exhaust on it today. I did not want to spend a ton on it either so I risked it and went with an eBay exhaust. This one and it seems to be pretty well made, looks good, and sounds 1000% better then stock. It came from China but it came in a week. Installation was simple. I just prepped by watching a couple YouTube videos but it was really easy to swap out. My only gripe is that the exhaust didn’t come with instructions but it was straightforward to figure out on my own. For the ~$180 I spent on it, it was well worth it and looks great in black (option c). It seems to be an authentic Akrapovic muffler too and the baffle can be removed (or good enough for me). As with most exhausts I had to reroute the O2 sensor as it was about 2 inches short but that was really easy too, just trace the wire and move the connector 2 inches further.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice buy! Do you have the link for the exhaust? I’d like to purchase one. How
loud is it? ?
Yeah, It's there but I embedded it which I realize now is not very visible lol. So here it is again, Motorcycle Exhaust Muffler Connector Tube for Kawasaki Ninja 650 Z650 Versys 650 | eBay and they will go a little cheaper if you make an offer. I think they offered it to me for $172 not including tax or shipping. It ended up being just over $200 with shipping and tax.It also came pretty quick considering it came from China. I haven't rode with it yet but by my ear in my garage it was at least double the loudness of the stock exhaust. Sounded great!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love my Yoshi pipe. Not cheap, but solidly built. Sounds great with the baffle out too. I've also heard the Arrow exhaust on an 09-12 and it sounded great as well.

Reactions: GR rider

·
Registered
10 Posts
thank you so much, I'm about to order this one too after the wife choose between the carbon fiber or black. ?
How do you like the sound levels? I see you still have the silencer in, have you tried it without?
Did you have to buy a gasket to put between the header piece and the midpipe?

Yeah, It's there but I embedded it which I realize now is not very visible lol. So here it is again, Motorcycle Exhaust Muffler Connector Tube for Kawasaki Ninja 650 Z650 Versys 650 | eBay and they will go a little cheaper if you make an offer. I think they offered it to me for $172 not including tax or shipping. It ended up being just over $200 with shipping and tax.It also came pretty quick considering it came from China. I haven't rode with it yet but by my ear in my garage it was at least double the loudness of the stock exhaust. Sounded great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
thank you so much, I'm about to order this one too after the wife choose between the carbon fiber or black.
How do you like the sound levels? I see you still have the silencer in, have you tried it without?
Did you have to buy a gasket to put between the header piece and the midpipe?
NICE!! I still have yet to be able to take a ride with the new exhaust.... The weather here is not cooperating at all, still snowing! I haven't tried it with the baffle out but I love the sound with the baffle in, it no longer sounds like a moped ?. Seriously, my first bike was a ninja 250 it was louder with a stock exhaust then the brand new 650 is. My son's 50cc dirt bike was also louder.
I didn't have to buy anything extra. The clamp provided for the connection between the header pipe and the exhaust is pretty good quality and I cranked it down pretty tight so no leaks from what I can tell. Also the back pressure is probably reduced so there is little less of a chance of having leaks in the first place. Overall for the 5 minutes I've actually had the bike running with the new exhaust I was very impressed!

·
Registered
10 Posts
@wcarman I got the exhaust and it sounds amazing! I only listened to it without the silencer and it might even be too loud haha.

I had a question though. I used your pictures to guide me in the install and everything we pretty easy but I had one problem. I can't secure the muffler. I put the L shaped bracket on the far passenger side of the stock exhaust bracket and attached it to the circular muffler holder. I have the bottom of the L shaped bracket pointing to the middle of the bike. However, I can still move the muffler around and it can be pushed into touching the rear tire. I don't think this will be safe to ride. Do you have this problem and if you don't would you mind snapping a picture of how you mounted the muffler? Thank you so much for any help you can provide me! :)

Edit: I got it to be secured and impossible to move into the wheel. I stuck a thick washer (.5 inch) onto the L bracket and put it on the right side of the bracket so the muffler is that .5 inch away from the wheel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@wcarman I got the exhaust and it sounds amazing! I only listened to it without the silencer and it might even be too loud haha.

I had a question though. I used your pictures to guide me in the install and everything we pretty easy but I had one problem. I can't secure the muffler. I put the L shaped bracket on the far passenger side of the stock exhaust bracket and attached it to the circular muffler holder. I have the bottom of the L shaped bracket pointing to the middle of the bike. However, I can still move the muffler around and it can be pushed into touching the rear tire. I don't think this will be safe to ride. Do you have this problem and if you don't would you mind snapping a picture of how you mounted the muffler? Thank you so much for any help you can provide me! :)

Edit: I got it to be secured and impossible to move into the wheel. I stuck a thick washer (.5 inch) onto the L bracket and put it on the right side of the bracket so the muffler is that .5 inch away from the wheel.
I can't remember what I did as far as that but I do know what you are talking about. Mine was very close initially but I tried the bracket a couple different ways and figured out which held it the furthest away. I will see if I can get a good pic of how I did it when I get home.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Here is how I did it. I used the stock bolt through the top with a washer and the provided bolt, nut and washer through the bottom of the bracket. I have 1.25” between the exhaust and the tire

1 - 20 of 26 Posts