Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the demons are officially out of the bike;) As many of you know I bought Fighting Falcon's bike a little over a month ago and it was high time to see what it was made out of. There was a few guardrails there and she never flinched once. Demons..be gone!
I had my first track day Saturday at the new NJMP and all I can say is wow and I've gotta register for more. You just can't ride a bike the way its supposed to be ridden without taking it to a track.

Couple of observations. First, the track is awesome. Very fast, tons of fun and running with Team Pro-Motion is great. Good group of guys, in particular my coach Dave V. Taught me a ton of stuff and has a great eye for what you're doing wrong and how to correct it. I doubt he has an account here but thanks Dave!
Second, got to really thrash the bike on the new Corsa III's and I can easily say I've been riding like a pansy up till Saturday. What can I say, this bike loves to be be beaten....hard.
Third, I got to meet Jdgun13 and his crew. Great guy, sweet bikes. I ran in the White group while he was in the Red so unfortunately our time was limited. I heard rumors there were other forum members there. Post up if were there this weekend. Sorry I missed you.

On a side note, does anyone know if there was a track photographer there? If so can you send me his/her info?

Enough talking, here's some pics. For those in the know, please offer tips/corrections on body positioning etc.

Attachments

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Well, the demons are officially out of the bike;) As many of you know I bought Fighting Falcon's bike a little over a month ago and it was high time to see what it was made out of. There was a few guardrails there and she never flinched once. Demons..be gone!

:lol: Classic!

I had my first track day Saturday at the new NJMP and all I can say is wow and I've gotta register for more. You just can't ride a bike the way its supposed to be ridden without taking it to a track.
Preach it dude! I bet that bike's never been leaned over that much without touching asphalt (FF jab) :D

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
I knew she'd be happier green. (just playing FF, sort of)... nice pics and glad you enjoyed the track! I'm hoping to get down there next summer!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Adrenaline1

Congrats!! pics look great, glad you had fun.

Dr. Dave Vega #41 is one of the best coaches and more important, one of the best guys I am proud to be associated with over at TPM. You got hooked up with one of the best.

I wasn't there, just had a baby (well my wife did) last Monday so I am taking a break for a few weeks.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
www.racedayphoto.com

--David

EDIT: Dennis (racedayphoto) is at most of TPM's events. He may or may not have been there. Check the site.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
It was never the bike....it was the rider....lol FF:Laughing rolling:

Glad you had fun, great bike.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adrenaline1

Congrats!! pics look great, glad you had fun.

Dr. Dave Vega #41 is one of the best coaches and more important, one of the best guys I am proud to be associated with over at TPM. You got hooked up with one of the best.

I wasn't there, just had a baby (well my wife did) last Monday so I am taking a break for a few weeks.
Thanks Trackdaze! I actually had the privilege of having a one-on-one session with Dr. D for the day. I definitely got the luck of the draw.

Congrats on the new baby. Best of luck to you! I'll be back at NJMP for sure so I'll look you up.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
raceday photo has been banned from NJMP from what i am told, as they were not there for the weekend either....something to do with an arguement about whose D... is Bigger.

but the track was fun and i am still wore out, will get some pics up later today as well, as the file size is pretty damn big so i need to photobucket them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
raceday photo has been banned from NJMP from what i am told, as they were not there for the weekend either....something to do with an arguement about whose D... is Bigger.

but the track was fun and i am still wore out, will get some pics up later today as well, as the file size is pretty damn big so i need to photobucket them.
Ah, thanks for update about Raceday, sucks but oh well.

Did you race on Sunday? Know who won?

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
holy shit i totally missed this thread....dude what did you do to the matte blue?!?!?!

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
The matte blue plastics and tank are safely tucked away for the street. Those are her track clothes;)
*phew*

I was like, where is my blue baby?!?!

Glad to hear that you put Pirellis on her...I was too cheap for that. She got Battleaxes with me, which is probably why we went down together :lol:

Man....I think this has definitely convinced me to get a 636 when I return to the US this fall. Hopefully I can find one of those 0 mile ones that are out there...

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
What dumb newb bumped this old thread? :rolleyes:
GTFO Joe!!

This thread is for past, present and future owners of matte blue 06 636s from New Jersey!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts