Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious to see who is using what lubricants. I tend to stick to manufacturer recommended fluids and lubricants, but have also though a lot about switch to something along the lines of Redline product.

Let me know what your using and why (ie brands, not weights). :D

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Exotic lubricants? I use KY Gel once in a while...

(Dammit! this is probably a serious thread, sorry)

Yeah, what lubricant do you guys use? I am also curious...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Maxima Maxum4 15W40. I just switched over to synthetics this past weekend breaking 2K miles. I can't tell any power differences as how some media shows...but I did feel a difference in the gearbox. Shifting was way smoother, with less effort. Good Stuff My Brother has Motul 300V Factory in his R6, I may want to try that next. :D

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I'm a fan of maxima Chain wax... it stinks like hell putting it on but really protects the chain.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
I have excellent luck with kawasaki's full synthetic oils.

And i do rev the shit out of her from time to time, she earns her pay for sure......but not too excessive...

No cam lobe wear yet....18,000 kms and counting.

Jason

·
Registered
700 Posts
redline oils and PJ blue stuff for the chain

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
BadassJake,

You should find out who makes the Kawasaki oil. Should be interesting.
I'm currently using Mobil 1 for oil since I ran out of Amsoil. Mobil 1 can be picked up pretty quickly, where as I have to wait a couple days for the Amsoil to arrive.

BC.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
MikeO, I'm using Rotella T 15w-40 right now and I get it for about $40 for 6 gallons (in 1-gallon containers each). How much are you paying per quart or gallon for the synthetic stuff? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Sorry for the delay B.C.

A company called No-co makes Kawasaki's oil......Apparently that is what they do....just oils.

Jason

·
Registered
218 Posts
Plain old Mobil 1 15w50 in the crankcase. (most of the racers use it unless they're sponsored. Maxima chain wax. No special type of brake fluid. Plain old DOT4.
I do use special light air in the tires though. Helps reduce weight:D.
Cheers, Lee S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.