Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im thinking of doing some track days, probably next year.
Been looking into the different ORGs out there. Found these, that operate at tracks somewhat close to me.
I imagine, most of you are familair with both of these.

http://www.nesba.com/

http://www.sullivanraceschool.com/

any info, or insight you guys can give me?

any other ORG's i should look into?

thanks
nevada

edit: im going to add the ORG's to this post. keep everything together, and easy to find.

http://www.afmracing.org/content/view/20/38/

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/index.html

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I would suggest NESBA at Pacific Raceways, looks like a lot more fun at that track than PIR.

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest NESBA at Pacific Raceways, looks like a lot more fun at that track than PIR.
i agree, based soley on the track laypout at PIR.

i'd be going with a buddy, for whatever reason, hes against NESBA :dunno:

for now, im just trying to get as much info as i can.

personal experiences?

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
You might check into Sportbike Track Time (STT), I can vouch that their southeastern division is an excellent group of people.

Another perk with NESBA is that they have an alliance with Yamaha, and at certain events throughout the year you will get to sign up to demo Yamaha motorcycles. :D

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You might check into Sportbike Track Time (STT), I can vouch that their southeastern division is an excellent group of people.

Another perk with NESBA is that they have an alliance with Yamaha, and at certain events throughout the year you will get to sign up to demo Yamaha motorcycles. :D
thanks.
i checked them, looks like the closest track they do is in cali too :( you cali bastards!:p
ive been a NESBA member for about 4 years now, great org. did some track time with TPM (team pro motion) but my allegiance is with nesba.
another for NESBA. $75 a YEAR? am i reading that right?
thats not too bad.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
STT is $35 bucks a year, and you get some sweet stickers and a T shirt. :lol:

If you do decide to join STT, wait until January, because regardless of how far into the year you buy your membership, you must renew at the beginning of each new year.

·
28,939 Posts

If you do decide to join STT, wait until January, because regardless of how far into the year you buy your membership, you must renew at the beginning of each new year.

doesnt STT have tiered memberships? you can also run a day without being a member i believe right?

and the nesba memberships are good for one full year, i renew every january but the new membership doesnt start until my old one expires.

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

no close tracks tho :(
maybe, after ive done a few track days, id be up for traveling a bit further. but, i think for now, id like to stay somewhat close.

doesnt STT have tiered memberships? you can also run a day without being a member i believe right?

and the nesba memberships are good for one calender year, i renew every january but the new membership doesnt start until my old one expires.
nesba has that. 2, 20 min sessions, for free. to see if you're interested or not.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts

and the nesba memberships are good for one calender year, i renew every january but the new membership doesnt start until my old one expires.
They sure do! I went to Barber back in May on one of their freebie days before I joined STT, and I was very impressed with the Control Riders, and the organization as a whole. You get free classroom instruction on rider technique and track tips in the Novice group as well. The guys in the southeastern division are awesome, I cant say enough good things about them.

The membership is cheap enough, thats for sure, as long as you remember to renew at the beginning of the year..................

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i haven't done a track day yet but i've been doing a lot of research and talking to the track riders i know in my area. the say that for your first day STT can't be beat because they offer a lot more teaching and help in the classroom as well as on the track with the control riders. NESBA is supposed to be a little more for the serious track riders and they basically group you according to your skill level and send you out there. the CR's will help ya out if you ask them too but its more on your shoulders. i'll be doing an stt day next season once i have all the right gear. damn leathers are so expensive and none of the org's have the bigger sizes for rent :Laughing rolling:

·
Powerhungry
38,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i haven't done a track day yet but i've been doing a lot of research and talking to the track riders i know in my area. the say that for your first day STT can't be beat because they offer a lot more teaching and help in the classroom as well as on the track with the control riders. NESBA is supposed to be a little more for the serious track riders and they basically group you according to your skill level and send you out there. the CR's will help ya out if you ask them too but its more on your shoulders. i'll be doing an stt day next season once i have all the right gear. damn leathers are so expensive and none of the org's have the bigger sizes for rent :Laughing rolling:
good info. too bad STT doesnt do anything at pacific raceways, or PIR.:(

leathers? did u see the tekincs i posted up? they did have some bigger sizes left..good friggin price too.

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=121701

theres actually another link in there for a 2 piece..if u were still needing something.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
NESBA > pooptoast

Do you need further explanation??

--David

·
28,939 Posts
NESBA > pooptoast

Do you need further explanation??

--David
:postwhorel::werd:

the control riders do an excellent job of picking you out and helping you if your in need, but its still sorta a do your own thing the first day type of deal. some of the other clubs provide/require more instruction for peeps that are new to track riding.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have ran SST and privatetracktime.com and both were good. SST was very aimed at saftey which is great for beginners. They had like a 30min rider meeting which is needed for the beginners but boring for me. PTT was a bit more laid back but great for me.

My wife ran NESBA once this year and the CR that I met were nice and very helpfull and tech guys were on it but I have a bad tast in mouth do to a poor decision made by some of the NESBA people comming and racing with CCS at RA this year. They misrepresented the size of there motorcycle and was disqualified from middleweight races.
Here is a link to the CCS forum http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,20868.0.html

1 - 20 of 48 Posts