Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The warrenty on my '06 6R is up in March on my bike and I am debating whether or not to buy the extra years warrenty on it. The dealer said it will cost around $600 and I am trying to decide if it is worth it. I haven't had any problems with the bike at all and I haven't read on this site about people have huge mechanical problems with their bikes. Just wondering what everyone else has been doing?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I bought an extra 2 years for (as I recall) $280. Extended warranties are huge profit makers. Never, ever, pay full price. Dealer cost is about half of MSRP on them. I figure I will only keep the bike for 2 seasons and then can sell it with a year of warranty left. Since I put a lot of miles on a bike, that should help with ease a buyers mind when it comes to selling it. Plus, $280 is about 4 hours labor around here, so it doesn't take much of an issue to eat up that money not to mention the crazy cost of parts.

The talk of fragile trannys has me a little worried, but my bike shifts fine. I don't beat on it either. I hope that Kawi stands behind the warranty should I ever need it, but there are many cases where bike mfgrs (not just Kawi) seem to do everything they can to NOT cover a repair under warranty. I hope I never have to find out. Having a good dealer that will go to bat for you is critical I think.

Shop around to get a big discount off MSRP. You don't have to buy it direct from Kawi or your original dealer. You can get them online even.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dang...I bought my 05 6r with 1600 miles from dealership 3 months ago, and they were asking $840 for extended 2 year warranty,...I was gonna get it, but glad i didn't...jeez. Would I be able to get a more reasonable price?

IL

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
rem pss.. What dealer did you get the $500 / 4 years from?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Originally posted by VanHalen
rem pss.. What dealer did you get the $500 / 4 years from?
Mine was also $500 for 4 years. I wasn't going to get it, but the salesman told me if I don't use it in the 4 years, I will get the entire $500 back. I asked him if I could get something in writing and when they sent me the card that comes with the warranty, I also received a statement that I would be fully reimbursed for the extended warranty if I didn't use it in the four years.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
CMK827.. OK once again.. WHAT DEALER? Don't tease us.. Give us the dealers name city and phone number.... It's my understanding I can add on to my warranty through any Authorised Kawasaki dealer up to the time my 1 year factory warranty expires. So if either of you guys ( I especially like the refund deal) can hook me up with your dealer I'll stretch mine for the full 4 years.

·
Registered
196 Posts
OCALA MOTORSPORTS KAWASAKI
3920 N US HIGHWAY 441
OCALA, FL 34475-8707
USA
(352) 732-8531 Phone
(352) 732-4929 Fax

They didnt say anything to me about getting money refunded though.
I'll have to check it out.

They were very easy to deal with. Service has been good too. ( so far )

·
Registered
376 Posts
Originally posted by VanHalen
CMK827.. OK once again.. WHAT DEALER? Don't tease us.. Give us the dealers name city and phone number.... It's my understanding I can add on to my warranty through any Authorised Kawasaki dealer up to the time my 1 year factory warranty expires. So if either of you guys ( I especially like the refund deal) can hook me up with your dealer I'll stretch mine for the full 4 years.
Seminole Powersports in Sanford, Fl. Don't know the number off the top of my head though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.