Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kawi 1 year warranty is expiring in a few weeks, and I just got the extended warranty(I guess) GTPP Good Times Protection Plan options in the mail. The price is like 650 for 48 months.
Any opinions on if this is something I should get? I've never had any serious problems, do my own maint. and after 4k miles I'd say the bike is as sound as the day I got it. I don't beat on it too much as for wheelies and stuff but do work the engine hard at times.
Any opinions or exp. with this warranty?
Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had it on my last two bikes. Never used it. I never had any problems. I think the bikes today are pretty bulletproof. Unless you put tons of miles on it, and it looks like you don't I wouldn't waste the money.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Extended warranties are carefully crafted to only cover those items that never break.

It has been my experience that goods and services that are heavily marketed are high in mark-up and probably not a good deal for the consumer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Its not worth it. Save your $650.

I never buy extended warranties on anything (cars, motorcycles, electronics, etc...). The money you save over time not buying them will more than cover a problem should you ever have one.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thats really high for the warrenty. On my old 01 zx6r I bought the exteneded warrenty but only paid 3 hundred. The warrenty covers everything like its in the first year. I used mine where I broke even, and it helped sell it with 18,000 miles on it. Is it worth it, depends on how much you ride and how you ride and what kind of dealers you have to use. I have exteneded warrenty on my 954 because with a good dealer it could be worth it in the long run if you have any problems. I know for sure I wouldnt pay $650 for it though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thnkx guys I'm gonna pass on it. Although it would be nice to sell with the warranty, just doesn't seem the same as the factory coverage. Thanks Again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.