Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the extremetech dampers. I read some nice thibgs about them. Made in Italy. Anyone use one before?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Fade-Dude. I had one fitted to my 03 636 race bike. It worked, but I am not a great fan of it. Fitment required drilling for the dowel pins, and if it wasn't checked regularly it would loosen a little and the dowels would start making the holes oval. Another thing was that the damping rate between clicks are, excuse the pun, Extreme. Please do not adjust this damper while riding, because the difference between medium damping and solid hard happens in like 2 clicks. If you get it, fit it properly and change settings while stationary. I have a WP damper which is absolutely wonderfull, but hard to find and expensive. I have sold my 03 636 and bought a 06 636 to race with now.I am going to modify my WP mounting kit or look for another mounting kit that might work. I know that the Hyperpro dampers and damping kits are available here in the RSA and my damper will fit in their mounting kit. Linex Yamaha is the importers of Hyperpro and I have seen the mounting kit here in Cape Town. I am looking forward to getting my 06 on Friday.

Keep it mean and green!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yo Man.. A fellow SOuth African...

I am battling to get good prices on damers here in S.A. :( I can get the extremetech for under 4K and apparently its a bolt on. Maybe its a new version for the 05/06 636?
Any ideas or recommendations?

P.S. where do you race? When are you gonna try out Phakisa...?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Fade-Dude. I'ts very hard to get good prices on dampers here. The market is very small so we have to basically take what we can get hold of. You can get an Ohlins damper, but then you still need to buy or manufacture a mounting kit for it. The WP dampers and mounting kits are impossible to find here anymore. The only dampers and mounting kits that seem to be available are the Hyperpro's which you can call for at Linex or any Kawa dealer. Where can you get hold of the ExtremeTech, because I want to find out if they sell the mounting kit by itself. My WP damper barrel measures 25mm, which is the same as the Hyperpro and if the ExtremTech also measures 25mm, the mounting kit should work. The Hyperpro mounting kit alone costs R1700, but I do get a bit of race discount.
My brother and I race in the WP regional championship.It's a bit difficult for us to race away from home at the moment.My brother has raced at Phakisa, East London and PE before.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coolas!

There is a Kawasaki shop here in Welkom that gave me that quote.
Telephone: 057 355 5629
Fax: 057 355 3963
Cell: 082 460 6100

THeir receptionist is up to shit however. I would suggest you speak to "Barry". His the owners son and knows his shit it seems. I think I'm gonna go for the extremetech, see how it works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.