Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jis i'm so pissed!

My bike is like 3 months old and allready the other day I noticed a chip on my nose cone. NOw last night I saw a mother %$&* deep/visible/uglu chip right on my tank.. ON TOP OF MY TANK!!!!

Might have happened sunday when I went on a breakfast run. Rock might have ricoshayed off my leather jacket on to my tank, it right next to the gas cap. Is there any way i can have it fixed without reepainting the whole tank? Will touch up paint work? (its down to the metal). Do the dealers stock touch up paint?

*sigh*

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmmm...guess u can get those marks away with a lil cosmetics.

try tinkerin it..but mind u be very careful! else look for professional products like honda or mothers

cant think of anythin else at the moment,[|)]

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I used to get mad over paint chips, but then I realized if I'm going to ride, it's going to happen. I just scepted it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by jp636
I used to get mad over paint chips, but then I realized if I'm going to ride, it's going to happen. I just scepted it.
Yep, it's part of the game.....the only way not to have chips is to leave the bike in the garage.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can usually get any paint shop to mix you up some touch-up paint and then apply it with the ripped end of a paper match. I have a black bike and black car so I use the touch-up paint from pontiac and it matches my bike perfectly.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Don't sweat. The only way you can keep your bike in pristine condition is to keep it in the garage inside a glass cage - now why would you do that. Go out, ride and forget about paint chips.:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
^ agree

you're missing the whole point here!

I got a few the other day when I went through a recently paved highway... that's fine, it was a great ride!:D[8D]:D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:( , yar you guys are right, I also see it like that, I'm just a bit pissed that its ontop of the tank, where it shouldn't be... the nose I can live with....

Thanks for the advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.