Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have had installed a few days ago by a experienced mechanic a full akra exhaust plus a PC3 and the 2x O2 emulators (that the euro model needs).

The problem is that after driving it a while, sometimes it appears the F.I. warning simbol and the red light in the dashboard. The bike still runs perfectly and when you turn off and then on the bike, the warning symbols desepears.

I'm thinking that it could be the lambda sensors (maybe one or two faulty or incorrectly instaled o2 emulators) or maybe the exhaust valve (wich i think our bikes has)...

As any one had the same problem?

Any help will be very apreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe it could result for interest to someone;

It seems that the problem is in the exhaust butterfly valve actuator. The Akra should come with a piece that avoids it to move freely, and since it was missing ence the FI fault.

I hope to confirm soon that the fault was there.

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
If you take off the exhaust mid pipe with the valve you will get an FI light without the fix piece.

·
Registered
537 Posts
you still need the servo hooked up. Did you get everything back that he took off the bike? If so you should have the exhaust with the cables coming off the valve if there is a electric motor on the other end you need to take it off and put that back on the bike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies for the dumb question (my english knowledgements are limited). What you are saying is that maybe the mechanic has forgot an electric motor in the OEM exhaust and that it should be put again on the bike?

·
Powerhungry
38,374 Posts
Apologies for the dumb question (my english knowledgements are limited). What you are saying is that maybe the mechanic has forgot an electric motor in the OEM exhaust and that it should be put again on the bike?
no, theres a piece that comes with the exhaust, that goes onto the servo, to trick the ecu into thinking the cables/valve are still in place.

search "fi" fix with quotes. there should be tons of threads.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Powerhungry
38,374 Posts
Thanks. I'll search.

Anyway... could you locate this piece in the schematic picture? I'm afraid that my system didn't come with that (or maybe I'm blind)...

http://www.akrapovic.com/product-catalog/motorcycle-exhaust/?puid=372

hm, thats odd. i read through the whole set of directions. they never once address the FI light, the servo motor, or the FI fix.

you might call them, and ask. i know on my 05, it came with the fix, and is detailed in the instructions, for changing it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
The instructions for the servo is in the beginning of the instructions with how to take it apart. No real fix for the 07 08 bikes just take the cables off the servo

·
Powerhungry
38,374 Posts
The instructions for the servo is in the beginning of the instructions with how to take it apart. No real fix for the 07 08 bikes just take the cables off the servo
which leaves the FI light on...right?
im not too familair with the 07+ stuff. but id guess the light would stay on also...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the same thing as Redss, right above where you put your key in to open your trunk under you seat where the servo motor sits, just make sure you leave the motor there and leave it plugged in and just take the cables off that ran over to your butterfly valve. if that motor has been taken out ypu will get that FI problem, just put it back in and plug it in and the problem will be gone

1 - 14 of 14 Posts