Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can i get rid of this. I took the exhaust solenoid off and i'm just wandering how can i get rid of the F1 light.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Code 34... Don't know what that one is, I don't have the list going to look for it now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
if only i can remember what its called

im guessing this means that you also took the electronic box off. when we put my jardine rt 1 on my 08 zx6r they told me to remove the stock exhaust and the cables running to the box but to just leave the box in by itself with no cable. ive been riding it for about 200 miles this way and still havent got an FI light it states that as long as the box is still hooked up the engine recognizes it as always beingg perfect therefore it solves the FI issue so unless you need it removed for a specific reason id personally just put the box back in by itself and let it be. hope i was some form of assistance

·
Registered
626 Posts
yea, the light is just because the bike isnt getting a reading from that box, meaning that theres a problem (supposedly). put the box back on and youll be fine.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
you can get a servo fix from someone like Muzzy.

And it's an FI light, not F1 light - doesn't go screaming past you!

Don't keep riding without fixing the FI warning first. You might know what the original problem is that caused the light to come on, but if something happens that does warrant immediate attention, the light is already on and you won't know there's a new problem

·
Registered
50 Posts
if he wants to spend money

that little hunk of metal will cost him around 60 bucks when it will do the exact same thing as just leaving the servo in there by itself and just letting it rotate without the cables

·
Registered
50 Posts
it will work

naw man i did it on my bike like i stated and still no issues as long as the servo can be electronically read it will always say its perfect so the plate i believe is just for looks and still does the same thing

·
Registered
297 Posts
naw man i did it on my bike like i stated and still no issues as long as the servo can be electronically read it will always say its perfect so the plate i believe is just for looks and still does the same thing
Yep, there's no feedback on the other end of the cables to tell the servo whether the valve is opening or not. As long as the ECU gets a signal back, it's happy.

If you've got a PC3, this can be programmed-out with it, so you can actually remove the whole thing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No i didn't take the box off. What actually happened was, I assume, while taking the cables loose i chiped some teeth off of the gear inside. I took the electronic box off, disasembled it, and what do you know. Sure enough broken teeth. Inside there is a plastic gear going to a metal ratio gear. All this is what you see from the just taking the two pieces of the box apart. There is a circut board covering the rest. I took the plastic gear off. Got to looking at it and there are two copper pieces on the bottom of it that make contact with that circut board. I was thinking damnit have to replace this shit to get rid of the light. Looked a little harder and there are two other places on the plastic gear that mount the copper pieces that would put the contacting teeth on a different part of the gear. So i just took a flat head screw driver and poped the copper sliders off and pressed them back in the other part of the gear. Reassembled it all and problem fixed. Sorry about calling it a F1 light. I thought it was a roman numeral. After i searched around a little bit i don't feel to dumb, more than on dumbass like me thought the same thing. But any ways if you ever get code 34 look a little closer at the exhaust servo before you replace it. Could just be broken teeth on the plastic gear. If not the I would say its the motor which is under the circut board and could most likely be bought at a hobbie shop. I don't know how much the whole little box cost, but I would bet dollars to yen it is cheaper to rotate the gear so that the contacting teeth are fresh ones or replace the motor. This is just what i found while looking around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.