Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my vivid yellow 08 has hit the pavement hard or was that me? Anywho, bike was totalled by insurance, but still runs without a problem so of course I bought it back. All the parts are coming together. Once I get all the parts on the bike it will be every color that kawi offered in 08. Tought about leaving it that way but I dont want to look like a power ranger. I have seen a lot of people change to white which is awesome. I am ready to try something different. Now, I am not going to be spending the bank on a paint job cause the possibilty of it going down again will probably happen.

I am thinking flat black or grey w/ no markings on it, thin red pin stripe (kinda like old school bikes and hotrods). I am not sure about the pattern of the stripe but I think it would be cool in its own way. Wheels I will probably leave black. Give me your imput! I am open for anything cause we all have seen some pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I personally think a flat white with red pearl sprayed over it would look hot as hell. white paint and red pearl are easy to come by, but the flat clear coat to put the red pearl in may be a little pricey.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds awesome. You wouldn't happen to have a pic or a link to a pic so I can see how it looks do you?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I want to see the white with the red pearl using the flat clear as well. I dont think I have ever seen something like that before either.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't have a picture of one, but there is a gsxr of some year and model that runs around near where I live. It was painted using rattle cans and a flat clear coat with the red pearl in it. It really does look pretty wicked, almost pink under certain types of light, and in other types there is no red shade at all.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Sorry to hear bout the crash. Matte is the in, some don't like it but i think any color matte looks good.

Here's a Kia I took a pic of at the DC Car show. Not the best picture, but you get the idea. It's like a metallic gunmetal but Matte. It looked really good. If my bike wasn't white , this would be the color I'd choose.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry to hear bout the crash. Matte is the in, some don't like it but i think any color matte looks good.

Here's a Kia I took a pic of at the DC Car show. Not the best picture, but you get the idea. It's like a metallic gunmetal but Matte. It looked really good. If my bike wasn't white , this would be the color I'd choose.

WOW!! I am liking that. This def jumps to the top of the list

how much did they pay u for it, and what did u pay to get it back
Lets just say I got a awesome deal in both aspects

·
Registered
210 Posts

I was going to suggest a color similar to this as well. This has my vote, if it means anything.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well guys all the parts are in and painted. I have to say the matte gunmetal looks SICK!!!! The guy that painted it loved it and said that he wants to get a pic of it to put it on his wall. Pictures to come. Still waiting on sprockets and chain and a few other odds and ends. 08_ZXR awesome suggestion, everyone give him a rep!!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Well guys all the parts are in and painted. I have to say the matte gunmetal looks SICK!!!! The guy that painted it loved it and said that he wants to get a pic of it to put it on his wall. Pictures to come. Still waiting on sprockets and chain and a few other odds and ends. 08_ZXR awesome suggestion, everyone give him a rep!!

Glad it came out looking awesome!! Can't wait to see pics!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Best pictures that I have right now (Iphone only, sorry). The only thing that is on it right now is the tank. I hope you get the picture of what its suppose to look like.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts