Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Face Lift

5K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  TheRussian 
#1 ·
Well, my vivid yellow 08 has hit the pavement hard or was that me? Anywho, bike was totalled by insurance, but still runs without a problem so of course I bought it back. All the parts are coming together. Once I get all the parts on the bike it will be every color that kawi offered in 08. Tought about leaving it that way but I dont want to look like a power ranger. I have seen a lot of people change to white which is awesome. I am ready to try something different. Now, I am not going to be spending the bank on a paint job cause the possibilty of it going down again will probably happen.

I am thinking flat black or grey w/ no markings on it, thin red pin stripe (kinda like old school bikes and hotrods). I am not sure about the pattern of the stripe but I think it would be cool in its own way. Wheels I will probably leave black. Give me your imput! I am open for anything cause we all have seen some pretty cool stuff.

See less See more
#2 ·
I personally think a flat white with red pearl sprayed over it would look hot as hell. white paint and red pearl are easy to come by, but the flat clear coat to put the red pearl in may be a little pricey.

#5 ·
I want to see the white with the red pearl using the flat clear as well. I dont think I have ever seen something like that before either.

#7 ·
I don't have a picture of one, but there is a gsxr of some year and model that runs around near where I live. It was painted using rattle cans and a flat clear coat with the red pearl in it. It really does look pretty wicked, almost pink under certain types of light, and in other types there is no red shade at all.

#9 ·
Sorry to hear bout the crash. Matte is the in, some don't like it but i think any color matte looks good.

Here's a Kia I took a pic of at the DC Car show. Not the best picture, but you get the idea. It's like a metallic gunmetal but Matte. It looked really good. If my bike wasn't white , this would be the color I'd choose.

#14 ·
Well guys all the parts are in and painted. I have to say the matte gunmetal looks SICK!!!! The guy that painted it loved it and said that he wants to get a pic of it to put it on his wall. Pictures to come. Still waiting on sprockets and chain and a few other odds and ends. 08_ZXR awesome suggestion, everyone give him a rep!!

#24 ·
while youre there, i would hack out the cat and make it a full exhaust

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.