Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
get the light smoke visors...i find that the dark smoke visors are tinted alittle too much and make spotting discolorations on the road difficult.

mirrored visors offer tint too, but they again tend to be alittle darker than I like.

so yes I use a tinited shield sometimes but I opt to use the lighter tinted shields so I can see any changes in road condition easier.

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I use a smoke-tint shield, wear it day and night. Have done for years.

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Ride with a mirrored shield so you can stare at women the whole time without the danger of them possibly being ugly and giving them a false sense of hope that they have a chance of banging anyone. Plus, helmet has quick change in the caps that only takes 5 seconds to go from a mirrored shield to a smoked or regular.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
well the weather in edmonton finally cleared up and the sun is scorching my eyes. just wondering how many people ride with tinted visors and what kind is good. i tried putting sunglasses on but the helmet pushes them up.
[8D] looks like smilies sunglasses fit well. get him evil smilie!
[}:)] (fighting in background)...........[B)][B)]
ooookay no more comedy sketches or sugar for me, so yeah help me out here

give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire

·
Registered
720 Posts
Smoked works well in day or night. Mine is slighlty tinted. It works pretty well. Just ride in a familiar roads. If not on familiar territory flip that sucker up and slow down.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i ride with the smoke takes some getting use to at night though. the more you ride with it the comfortable you'll be.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
i don't like riding with the shield down, so i just got a pair of oakleys and wear them. the wind doesn't get behind them, but they do get pushed up from time to time.

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" -Mark Twain

·
Registered
284 Posts
I swear by my dark smoke visor if it's sunny out. No squinting. At night I switch over to the clear.

----------------------
Dave Lee
Red '02

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have just got a yellow tint, which is awesome for night time riding and it cuts the glare from the sun as well (not as much as a dark tint, but more than clear.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I highly recommend the high definition shields. They have an orange-ish hue/tint to them if u have seen them. Anyways.. I was complaining about the same problem until my buddy allowed me to try his out and I love the shield. Not only does it reduce sun glare but it helps clear up daytime vision/definition while also enhancing night vision. It doesn't, however, provide as much of a dimming effect as a dark tinted/smoked visor. Good luck and let me know if you find one of these and/or like it.
Ryan
Spring Lake, MI

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.