Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
factory pro dont have stages, just one kit with titanium needles and one with normal (stainless or alum? not sure). i have the normal kit

AFAIK dynojet only make a "stage one" kit for zx9r's, well 98-99 models any way. pretty dodgy too, worth the extra for a factory pro kit. ivans are supposed to be ok too

·
Registered
367 Posts
its just the seller using the word "stage" ... iirc, the 1.1 refers to the ti kit, the 1.0 the standard kit

thats a good buy there [8D]

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's a damn good buy. I paid 120 for the regular kit. It is great in my opinion, very adjustable. I have had my carbs off at least 10 times since install fine tuning.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Originally posted by knowledge
That's a damn good buy. I paid 120 for the regular kit. It is great in my opinion, very adjustable. I have had my carbs off at least 10 times since install fine tuning.
what are your current settings? i need to tune mine

·
Registered
50 Posts
what are your current settings? i need to tune mine

Right now since the temperature has really dropped, I have found the most success richening it up to 162's on 1 and 4 and 168's on 3 and 4 and 15mm float height one shim under the clip set at the middle position, 1 1/2 turns out on the pilot screw. When it was still hot here, I found the most power with 2 turns out, 158's on 1 & 4, 162's on 3&4, same float height, same needle clip positions and shims. I don't what the weather is like down there but I can bet it is 5 times better than here!

·
Registered
66 Posts
well i am running 162 out and 168 in. neddle is 4th slot down. didnt even mess with screw turns or float height, because factory pro recomended 2-1/2 out and 14mm which is what my manual said was factory settings. i put the jet kit and a +4 timing advancer on at the same time, and there was NO performance increase, and this was verifed by racing a friend that i have raced before. in fact, it seems slower. runs nice and smooth, just not faster

·
Registered
50 Posts
162's and 168's seems a bit rich if you aren't lowering the raising the float height and you are on 4th clip position. Too much fuel takes away just as much performance as too little. If you don't want to fool around with the floats (and I wouldn't blame you) try going down one size in jet sizes. If you do feel like pulling the carb rail, try raising the float to 15 and them maybe 16. You should feel a noticible difference with the factory pro. We basically have the same engine mods and I could never go back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
my pilot screws were only 1 and 3/4 turns out, so that might be part of it. i put in to 170 and 165 jet that factory pro recomened to me with the pilot screw at 2 and 1/2 out. havent got to drive it yet. i damamged one of the carbs on acident, so i have to get a new carb anyway

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.