Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I haven't seen anyone from these forums that has installed a Factory Pro kit yet, regardless of the year. I had a kit on my 2003 YZF600R tho and it made a very nice difference. The shifts were much more positive and smoother feeling. It is used by alot of people that own that bike becuase it is also considered to help avoid transmission problems down the road as missed shifts were virtually eliminated unless you got real sloppy and the engagement into a gear was very positive and firm feeling. For that bike, the kit only replaced the detent arm and spring as the shift star was actually welded to the drum and not replaceable. I think with the new star, shifts would be almost perfect. Once I am much less broke, I am going to getting the kit for my '05. I feel that it is deffinatly money well spent. Ease of install, not sure yet on the kawi. I think you do have to remove the clutch basket to get at the stuff but if you are somewhat comfortable with wrenching on your bike, you should not have any problems.

Pic of the kit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i emailed factory pro about a month ago because they dont list a kit for the 05. i asked if the 04 kit would work and they related it would not. they also noted that they dont make it for the 05 yet. they wanted to know why i thought the 05 needed one and i sent a bunch of info from here. the guy said he was going to look into it. just passing along what factory pro informed.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hi Guys,
i just wanted to say order in confidence from factory pro , i have just received the kit ecu from them delivered in one week to the uk.

The customer service is beyond expectation. I only wish he had a shop over here!!
i would be interested to see what the d-tent kit is like so look forward to your comments.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
[:+1] on the outstanding customer service from Factory Pro. I have bought from them before, a shift kit and jet kit for my old bike. Excellent service and fast shipping from them. Good to hear that they will have the full kit available soon. [:M10]

Price wise, the shift kit with the star they list at $199.95. With out the star, which is just the roller bearing detent arm and heavier spring, $89.95. Either way it is money well spent in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
thanks man!! def need one for my 04 too, that thing misses like a drunk guy with a fat chick.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by xnatex<br>just happened to call factory pro today. they said that the shift star kits are available now. they dont have their website updated yet. i will hopefully be ordering one soon.
This was for the 05/06 bikes? Good to hear if so, I will be ordering one soon as well.

Just checked the website and it has been updated saying that the kits are now available for order. [8D]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.