Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a shift star for the 05-06 will fit an 03-04?
My 03 636 has an 05-06 RR gearbox and an 03 RR slipper clutch. I know the shift stars have different model #'s, but was wondering what the differences could be. I might be able to get a cheap unused shift star, they're not sold in the UK to my knowledge and import tax + shipping makes them expensive.
Cheers for any help.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 05-06 kits don't have a detent arm, the 03-04 do. Kawasaki improved the arm and bearing for the 05-06 so you don't need Factory Pro's version like the 03-04. Also, if the spring binds a 6mm washer cures it, apparently.

·
Pursebully
37,784 Posts
That's it. I had a post ready to go but ditched it because I wasn't sure. I knew it had something to do with the detent arm though.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered an 05-06 detent arm from a local Kawasaki stealership (only £7 odd) to put on my 03 636. Doing it this way works out cheaper for us 03-04 guys wanting FP's shift star kit.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could try the arm on its own see what happens. Kit's worth it, though, definitely improves shifting. The spring that comes with the kit is much stiffer and is a big part of the improvement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts