Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some motivation sliders front and rear for my bike and I was wonder the best possible way to cut the left fairing.. I know I have to get a circle saw and im not home yet so I was wondering if you guys knew so I can just buy it ahead of time..

·
Registered
79 Posts
use a dremel. the fairing where cut is not flat so the dremel works great! you dont have to cut a circle just edge out some of the fairing.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I used the sanding drum on the dremel - works really well. It doesn't try to run out, it cuts slow, and it melts the edge so it comes out very well. I held the slider up to trace a line, then cut well inside it. Tried to fit the panel, opened the cut where needed, repeat several times until it was correct. Then I stuck a piece of rubber door edge molding I picked up at the auto parts store along the cut to make it look more finished.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i dont have pics but i used a 1 inch hole saw to start, and cleaned it up with a carbide bit. everyone tells me it came out clean, and looks like factory has the ferring cut already. ill try to get pics

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by kawirider86
hell yeh that looks nice, I see you went with the fork sliders too :D
Hell yeah man, I got it all - frame, fork, and swingarm sliders, plus the weighted bar ends. I figure anything I can stick on that may hit the ground before expensive stuff does is worth a shot. Those bar ends are nice -- really helps with the numb hand problem I was getting (especially the right) so I can actually ride more than 30 minutes at a time.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by anthony636
i dont have pics but i used a 1 inch hole saw to start, and cleaned it up with a carbide bit. everyone tells me it came out clean, and looks like factory has the ferring cut already. ill try to get pics
I bow to your skill -- I've never been able to use fast-cutting bits like the carbide cutter to make anything even vaguely smooth. They always try to run away on me and make way more cut than I wanted. Doesn't matter how much I brace, I still screw it up. That's why I liked the sanding drum. Nice and slow, easy to control without any sudden runs beyond what I wanted to cut. It still only took about 30 minutes to cut (including the time to test-fit between cuts and apply the molding,) so it was worth that extra time to me. But if you have the hands of a surgeon, I imagine that carbide cutter could do the job in about a minute.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by kawirider86
haha, how much were the bar ends again?

Like $60 I think - but they're on sale right now for less than that. I posted a thread about them last week, and they immediately went on sale. I think someone from Motovation may read this forum :D

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by BrandonM7

Like $60 I think - but they're on sale right now for less than that. I posted a thread about them last week, and they immediately went on sale. I think someone from Motovation may read this forum :D

Haha probobly

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kawasaki Bar End Weights / Sliders 270gms - All Bikes with M8 screws

List Price: $64.99
Your Price: $59.99
Discount: $5.00 (8%

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.