Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
There are 2 threads I remember that someone posted the process of switching it over, I'd search again, they are out there.
From what I remember they only had to "bodge" one piece, the gauge mount, apparently the 98-99 and 00-02 used a different bracket to mount them.
So if you're using your 98-99 gauges, you might need to tweak that 00-02 bracket.
Im not 100% on that by the way, I read that thread last year sometime.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello guys I need alittle help with my upper fairing replacement. I have a 98 ZX6r, and recently my upper fairing was crushed because my bike was flipped when an endo went wrong. (No one was hurt). Anyway I decided since I needed a new head light and a upper fairing I should just replace it with the 00 ZX6R headlights. I've done the search thing a couple of times on this board and from what I've read it seems pretty easy. These are the parts I've order

00 Upper Fairing
00 Headlight assembly
00 ram air tub assembly
00 wind screen
00 gauge bracket

Is there anything else I need or does this stuff just pretty much bolt on? Please let me know because the parts will be in tomorrow

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i remeber a few members tried it and quit halfway because it was too detail oriented work, but the dual headlight is worth the trouble.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks guys for the feedback so far. I done the search with these words

conversion
fairing
install
replacement

and have not come up with any instructions. Maybe I'm missing something? I guess I 'll just have to wait until the parts come in and do trial and error. IS there anyone out there that knows anyone that's done this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.