Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question-I was looking at the fairing stay bracket the other day when trying to figure out how to reattach it and according to the pictures in the service manual, the cable on the left and right side [brake and throttle cables] are running through the squares on the bracket. These squares are welded closed, so to run those cables through I would have to a) disconnect cables, run them through, and reconnect or b) snip square, slid cables through, and weld back together. Since I don't feel comfortable doing either of those, my question is: how important is it that those cables are running through those squares?? Can I just loosely zip tie them to the squares instead or just leave them be? :confused::headscratch:

Thanks for the help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
It shouldn't be too difficult to disconnect the cables and run them through the clips. If you really, really don't wanna do that, you may be ok w/wire ties. Not really sure though, unless I'm there to see how the cables look. You don't want the cables to bend too much, or they may hang up and/or fray...

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Question-I was looking at the fairing stay bracket the other day when trying to figure out how to reattach it and according to the pictures in the service manual, the cable on the left and right side [brake and throttle cables] are running through the squares on the bracket. These squares are welded closed, so to run those cables through I would have to a) disconnect cables, run them through, and reconnect or b) snip square, slid cables through, and weld back together. Since I don't feel comfortable doing either of those, my question is: how important is it that those cables are running through those squares?? Can I just loosely zip tie them to the squares instead or just leave them be? :confused::headscratch:

Thanks for the help!!!
disconnect the clutch and throttle cable up top by loosening out all the slack. (easy)
then put them through the square bracket. (when you have them off oil the cables)
don't zip or tie the cables as they need free play to operate smoothly and correctly.

you wont want to turn your handlebars and accelerate

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
She said loosely zip tie, which may work. If the angle isn't too much. However, it is a bit of a moot point, as removing and reinstalling those cables is not a very hard job...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She said loosely zip tie, which may work. If the angle isn't too much. However, it is a bit of a moot point, as removing and reinstalling those cables is not a very hard job...
I did not know it was not hard. I just was a little unsure about disconnecting cables.....Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts