Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having trouble removing front nose, front fender, and gas tank..
need help before i break something!!!![:M7]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have a '95 but your's is similar. Gas tank: turn off fuel, disconect fuel hoses, take off two bolts near stearing head and two near seat and take it off. Front fairing: take off mirrors, disconect turn signals and headlight, take off two acorn nuts on each side to left and right of headlight. Front fender: tight with front wheel on but there are two bolts on each fork leg.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
This is the order we use for taking off the tank, I can do it in about a minute now..
1)remove passenger seat
2)remove front seat (little bolt/plate at the front of the trunk
3)remove the 4 bolts holding the tank down(2 front, 2 back like sw said), and the metal thing that covers the battery.
4)turn the fuel to OFF, and remove the knob (normal phillips screwdriver)
5)prop the gas tank up a bit by lifting the back of it an inch and putting something under it, a roll of duct tape is just about the perfect height.
6)you will see a black hose going into the fuel valve you just took the knob off of, there is a clamp on it. Use needlenose pliers to slide the clamp off.
7)pull the hose off the tank where the clamp used to be, its tough, you might need to twist it side to side a bit (some fuel will spil out when you get it off, a rag is a good idea)
8)now just lift the tank out, there is one remaining hose, the overflow hose, that can stay attatched to it, thats the hose right by the battery.

The front fender is a real pain unless you remove the front wheel, there are 2 bolts holding it in on the inside, hard to get at.

the nose fairing, like sw said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.