Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I had a accident today with my bike, needless to say it was the result of a brainless decision i made. I need to replace my front fairing, windscreen and mirrors. i would like to get the factory plastics and in factory green. does anyone know where i could find it. i have been searching without luck. if anyone has any for sale it would be great. also would the ones from an 05-06 fit ? or would i need new fairing brackets?

·
Registered
95 Posts
sorry to hear about your unfortionate crash, as far as plastics go, i searched for 2 months without luck. i finally bought some fiberglass farings off ebay ($450 for a complete kit) then i went to a local auto paint supply store and had them match the kawi green with some cheap single stage paint (only $60 for a quart including the reducer and hardner) worked out great for me. I posted before and after pics the other day.
hope you werent hurt and please post some pics..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hah no fortunately I came out with rash of about an inch and two very sore legs. yea i will post pics as soon as i can get to it. the tabs that connect the gauge to the bike broke off. Sorry i don't have pics as of now but does anyone know how much a new gauge will cost? or should i just find a way to fix the tabs. maybe drill a bracket into it or something.

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
cheapcycleparts.com for brand new OEM parts, very fast shipping.

you can find your front fairing/ gauge bracket on ebay as well but usually same price as ccp. insured right? good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
sorry to hear about your unfortionate crash, as far as plastics go, i searched for 2 months without luck. i finally bought some fiberglass farings off ebay ($450 for a complete kit) then i went to a local auto paint supply store and had them match the kawi green with some cheap single stage paint (only $60 for a quart including the reducer and hardner) worked out great for me. I posted before and after pics the other day.
hope you werent hurt and please post some pics..
what ebay seller did ya buy it from. and im guessin you took it to a shop for them to install and paint. just wondering how the fitment and how much it cost ya total. cuz im lookin for a new set of fairings. cuz i heard the ebay ones from hk are pretty bad fitment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i dont remember who i bought them from. and I painted and installed them.they fit pretty good, just make sure you have a drimmell handy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Best prices on fairings I have found so far are at: airtech-streamlining.com . The girl at the local Kawi dealership gave me the link and said she has used their fairings and was very impressed with the quality. Paint should be pretty affordable. You can get the paint from Color Rite, and can get the color you need by application so no need to worry with the paint code. You can get the paint in an aerosol can so you can paint the fairings yourself, or you can get it in 1/2 pints, pints, quarts, ect..

-Matt

·
Registered
596 Posts
You can also hit up ronayers.com. OEM painted plastics that fit like a charm. Thats where I went when my fairings needed replacing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts