Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a candy plasma blue 05' 636...... got hit in the rear wheel at a light the other day by a car and the whole left side of my bike got scratched to shit...... my front nose fairing is cracked, left middle fairing is cracked and my left side of my tail is scratched......... anybody know of where i can get some OEM fairings with the same color blue, that i can get for my bike without going to a f*ed up dealer? I found an online ebay store in HONG KONG with all 15 pieces of the body brand new for $450 but it will take 3-4 weeks to come in and im trying to get pieces ASAP! Plz Help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a candy plasma blue 05' 636...... got hit in the rear wheel at a light the other day by a car and the whole left side of my bike got scratched to shit...... my front nose fairing is cracked, left middle fairing is cracked and my left side of my tail is scratched......... anybody know of where i can get some OEM fairings with the same color blue, that i can get for my bike without going to a f*ed up dealer? I found an online ebay store in HONG KONG with all 15 pieces of the body brand new for $450 but it will take 3-4 weeks to come in and im trying to get pieces ASAP! Plz Help!

Insurance should pay the costs of any local shop to get the parts AND do the work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
also bear in mind that the parts from hong kong will not be of OE quality in both fitment and paint quality. I bought a set of fairings for track days from an Ebay shop in hong kong (dont know if its the same shop you were looking at) and the holes required drilling out abit as they didnt line up properly + the paintwork chipped very easily, but you get what you pay for i guess.. Id go down the insurance route if you can.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i would go with the ebay store, i actually used those fairings before and they matched up really well. only one fairing screw gave me an issue but it was an easy fix. pay 450 and pocket the rest.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bullshit

Also you must understand that the shipping on the hong kong bullshit is often 300 to 400 dollars. They are painted by some 11 year old working for a bowl of rice. If I sound bitter it's because I ordered a Solo seat cowl and it was suppose to be candy plasma blue but ended up Cobalt blue, Damn 11 year olds don't know their colors. Anyways good luck with your search but keep it in the country.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
if you order cheap your gonna get cheap shit bottom line, ronayers deals in FACTORY plastics NOT cheap shit from hong kong, to each their own but you wouldn't catch me w/ that cheap shit on my bike unless it was a track bike ;)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
So I was in your shoe just the other day and decided I would go with a company that pretty much sold those ebay kits.. Lets see if I can tell you what's wrong.

1. The color didn't match - They replaced them with Black at no additional cost
2. The Paint is starting to crack and peel - They replaced them at no additional cost
3. It DOES NOT fit correctly - They replaced them at no additional cost
4. The fairing are starting to bend due to heat - They replaced them at no additional cost.

If you're ok with those issue

then I would recommend nicecycle.com

It cost me around $800 for a fairing kit ..... .

Seriously just be patient and get it done properly... but if you're anything like me... take a shortcut and then wonder why you feel so cheated later on. (I actually can't complain too much, they've actually worked with me to fix the issues I had)

* Edit *

I gotta edit my post here... Nicecycle.com has actually worked with me on all my issues.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes this was the point of me posting this thread...... the fairings look really nice, its an ebay store and says nothing about shipping except express shipping $300. "FAST AS HELL" said that they work out really well....... I went on ronayers.com and i looked at the fairings that i actually need and it looks like it all adds up to $502.56.... I'm probably gonna lean that way, seeing that i probably wont wait a month to get them and they are quality OEM parts? Until I get better replies on the HONG KONG stuff, i'm probably gonna go with ronayers....... thanks alot guys, great help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wait wait another question....... what is considered an upper fairing? the one that is messed up is the large major fairing on the left side with the turn signal and the "Ninja 636" logo on it. so is that my mid or upper fairing?

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
yes this was the point of me posting this thread...... the fairings look really nice, its an ebay store and says nothing about shipping except express shipping $300. "FAST AS HELL" said that they work out really well....... I went on ronayers.com and i looked at the fairings that i actually need and it looks like it all adds up to $502.56.... I'm probably gonna lean that way, seeing that i probably wont wait a month to get them and they are quality OEM parts? Until I get better replies on the HONG KONG stuff, i'm probably gonna go with ronayers....... thanks alot guys, great help!
they are the same parts that you would get as if you went to your kawi dealer & said i need this & that, you need the mid fairing by your description, the upper is attached to the headlights & the lowers should be black (if its not an rr)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts