Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8-13-06

A buddy of mine that rides an r6 took the permanent spill. Went out for a late night ride, I'm told he didn't wear his lid. He hit a deer and was found hours later. Rushed to the hospital and died at about 1:30 am. Super messed up.... We just sat and talked on Friday planning to ride this week. And the next day people are telling me that he's gone.

life is so f*cked up

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sorry for your loss. RIP :(

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
RIP

·
Registered
320 Posts
sorry about your friend

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
sorry, mate. we lose a LOT of people out here to the deer, too. i got family up your way- isn't mi a helmet state?

keep your chine up, and make sure to be there for his family!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MI is a helmet state...but AuGras Michigan is such a small rural town, It's probably not enforced...
Story was, that he didn't plan on riding and didn't have a helmet with him

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Originally posted by Chicagois2
MI is a helmet state...but AuGras Michigan is such a small rural town, It's probably not enforced...
Story was, that he didn't plan on riding and didn't have a helmet with him
Sorry again. :( Deer are everywhere up there in those small rural areas. My folks have a cottage near lupton (1 street town) and I found a really cool road to run my bike on. However other than trailering it all the way up there, the one thing that makes me hesitate are the deer. Always wandering out of the woods and such..

·
Registered
412 Posts
RIP...:( sorry man my heart goes out to you and his family

·
Registered
158 Posts
life can be like that sometimes. sorry for it to be a friend of yours, but it happens.

down here in my town, I dont worry much about deer, just the stupid people that behave like squirrels in the roads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Is it just certain states that you don't have to wear a helmet then?

Seems daft to me that its isn't compulsory everywhere in the world.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry to hear it...kansas it eyewear only but i only ride mine with a extremely safe bell lid...the thought of fallen riders makes me want one less every time i hear it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry to hear that, he's riding at this very moment all that he wants, and many years down the road, you guys will meet again and go for the ride you missed together.

rest in peace.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really sad.

I just don't understand why people don't wear helmets all the time. I mean really going about 30 km/h can be enough to kill you.

All that being said, I doubt that it would have saved him from a deer. I have heard many stories about them being deadly even to people in cars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.