Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

every now and then recently I hit a false neutral between gears, has anyone else ever had this?
if so do i need a new slector fork in there maybe along with new clutch?

thanks
Chris

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Hi Guys,

every now and then recently I hit a false neutral between gears, has anyone else ever had this?
if so do i need a new slector fork in there maybe along with new clutch?

thanks
Chris
yeah i've done it, very rare tho, just need to make sure you make a full shift. it's hitting between the gears.

hopefully thats all it is. if ur making full shifts and getting it, something is worn.

·
Registered
73 Posts
you might just need to change your oil

last year i started hitting it every time i went out to ride and i hadnt been shifting any differently, changed oil and it was like a bought a brand new transmission, dunno what kind of shitty oil was in there when i bought it..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wouldnt say it was the oil as I have only replcaed the oil and oil filter a couple of months ago, so maybe my selector fork has worn down slightly maybe?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
possible i guess. i haven't been thru it personally.

do you think you are shifting all the way with your foot? or just geting to relaxed with it and not hitting the full shift?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Do a search on the Factory Pro EVO star shift kit. Some guys have reported it eliminated most of their missed shifts and it makes it shift like butter. I have one that I'll put in once I get healed up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would try moving your shift lever down alittle. I was doing the same thing, seemed like at least once a day for about a week and it pissed me off. I moved the shift lever down to were it set almost right on top of my shoe. I havent had it happen to me since.

·
Registered
21 Posts
any1 getting false neutrals on down shifts, happened to me going down from 3rd to 2nd goes into neutral instead of 2nd.

bike is gp shift is that matters

1 - 11 of 11 Posts