Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's possible but not very likely. You more then likely aren't making a complete shift. Either which way you need to tighten the chain, bad things happen with lose chains.

You don't have to be faster then the bear, just faster then your friend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i will do thanks...hmm il give it a few months see if if gets any worse or i get better at changes :) if not its still under warranty i maybe get the local dealer to take a look

·
Registered
14 Posts
on my 2002 636 i keep finding a false neutral between 3rd and 4th every now and then im finding the real neutral on the move too..ive looked at my chain and theres about 1.7" of slack..ive read on this forum there should be about 1" could this be the cause of my gear probs

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's common, I had similar problems when I first got my '02 636. I'm used to the shifter now and have no issues.

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try cleaning and greasing all the gear lever and connecting bar linkages/pivots. That may help yopu select gear, before you think it's anything too dark and deep inside the gearbox.

When was the last time the oil was changed? That may have a bearing, too.

jb

Bringer of all things Joyful

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks for the help fellas
my last bike was a honda transalp xl600v so im pretty used to less than perfect gear changes..ill just keep racking up the miles and get used to it..glad to know its not just me being ham fisted (or footed)

·
Registered
14 Posts
oops i forgot to add even with my gear change woes this bike rocks :D im even starting to look forward to the ride to work which is something my transalp never managed

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
how many miles on the bike, when was you last oil change?

------

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i was wondering cuase sometimes it take time for the bike to brake in properly...you gears should be broken in by now...

what kind of oil you use....

My bike shifts perfectly running Mobil 1 synthtic 15w50 car oil....

some other oils casue some weird shifting results for me and I'm what you call a lazy shifter....

------

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i havent put any in myself and im not sure what oils are available at my local bike shop... i was planning on changing the oil once every 2000 miles im not what the book says to change it at..?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.