Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a false nuetral on my way home today. It was between 3rd and 4th. Its a good thing I was not on the throttle hard. Does this happen? I probably could have shifted harder and I have heard to keep the lever up with your foot until you release the clutch fully but should this happen? I hopr it is not the beginning of something bad. I did a quick search and did not find anything but if it has been covered give me the title to search for.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have got false nuetral on a '03 B4 especially when on the breaks hard without downshifting also Kawasaki say u can't go past nuetral when stopped but often i find myself flicking between 1st and 2nd trying to find nuetral??

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I've had the odd one on the street, but they're very rare. And always my fault. The first time I was at the track I had a few in inoportune times. I was just so new to it (being on the track) and I was so busy doing other stuff (learning the track & breaking points etc, remember your first tme on the track?!...heaven) I was taking the downshift for granted and not being as precise and I usually am on the street sorta thing. It was always during the hard breaking amd downshifting areas. I know it was me though, because after that I got pissed and made sure I was more deliberate and have never had another. When I say deliberate, I mean with the foot not the hand. So I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I have been working on shifting and holding the foot lever in place until clutch is fully released, so far so good

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Firm shifts mister. Happens to everybody, but generally it's laziness. Does suck when you're tryin' to keep neck-in-neck with a GSXR750 down the straight though. [V]

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Why do you clutch when you race? Plus you can adjust your shifter a little further downward to get a solid firmer upshift. They are adjustable for such a reason!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I happend to me several times at Buttonwillow track...it was my fault...like Grunt_99 said I was coming hard into a right hand turn downshifting and busy doing other stuff.....it would scare the shit out of me and I would totally blow the corner...that is the only time it has happened...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.