Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well last night i was taking this girl for a late night ride through town, i got pulled over. the cop had the ticket wrote up before he pulled us over according to the time stamp on the ticket, followed us for 2 miles, he went right past my buddy who doesn't have a license, insurance, nothin; and came and got me. the cop said i didnt have a valid motorcycle license for operating at night or with a passanger. i gave him my license i had my M endorsment on my license yet he still gave me a ticket for "operating type 1 cycle w/o qual" me and the girl had to walk 2 miles to my house to get her car, she dropped me back off at my bike and i got it home. i called down to the cop shop today and said what the hell is going on i have my license. they were saying i only have my probationary license? they voided the ticket though since i had my license, so im so confused weather or not i was breaking the law or not. what the hell is the probation license and how long does it go for, since i had my permit took the MSF course and got my license. what are the rules of the "probationary license" for Wisconsin i cant find them anywhere. apparently there the same as the permit according to the cop, if thats the case i wasted my time and money getting my license.

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
How old are you and how long have you had your regular license?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats alot of Bull Shit from the cop
i know, the thing that pisses me off is. he wouldnt let me ride or power walk it the 500 feet into the parking lot, i had to push the damn thing by myself up a slight hill. atleast the bikes only 330 lbs.

i never got anything saying im on probationary license either, just to be an ass i requested for the cop to call me and apologize for making me walk that far in a sketchy neighborhood at 12 at night. when he calls im not gunna answer, just gunna let him leave a voicemail and ill try and post it on here lmao

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
i know, the thing that pisses me off is. he wouldnt let me ride or power walk it the 500 feet into the parking lot, i had to push the damn thing by myself up a slight hill. atleast the bikes only 330 lbs.

i never got anything saying im on probationary license either, just to be an ass i requested for the cop to call me and apologize for making me walk that far in a sketchy neighborhood at 12 at night. when he calls im not gunna answer, just gunna let him leave a voicemail and ill try and post it on here lmao
:rolleyes:

Yeah, good luck with that.

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
Chill out, no matter how BS this ticket, being pissed and demanding an apology will not help

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
was the girl hot ???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wouldn't her dad be mad that the cop made his daughter walk through this sketchy neighborhood too?

Lol just saying.

maybe, probly both that i took her for a ride and walking though a sketchy neighborhood. id rather not find out, i think ill hide from him

·
Registered
61 Posts
Speaking as a father.. I don't think hiding anything is a good idea. Maybe not telling till he ask.. but if he does ask.. come clean quick. Chances are he already knows, being an ex officer and all. They stay in contact and almost always know what's going on, especially when a family member is involved in any way.

·
Registered
737 Posts
well last night i was taking this girl for a late night ride through town, i got pulled over. the cop had the ticket wrote up before he pulled us over according to the time stamp on the ticket, followed us for 2 miles, he went right past my buddy who doesn't have a license, insurance, nothin; and came and got me. the cop said i didnt have a valid motorcycle license for operating at night or with a passanger. i gave him my license i had my M endorsment on my license yet he still gave me a ticket for "operating type 1 cycle w/o qual" me and the girl had to walk 2 miles to my house to get her car, she dropped me back off at my bike and i got it home. i called down to the cop shop today and said what the hell is going on i have my license. they were saying i only have my probationary license? they voided the ticket though since i had my license, so im so confused weather or not i was breaking the law or not. what the hell is the probation license and how long does it go for, since i had my permit took the MSF course and got my license. what are the rules of the "probationary license" for Wisconsin i cant find them anywhere. apparently there the same as the permit according to the cop, if thats the case i wasted my time and money getting my license.[/QUOTE

I have a question, you stated that by the time stamp on the ticket it was
wrote prior to pulling you over? And said ticket was for not having a Class M endorsement, am I correct? Because if this is the case, I want to meet this
Cop, and ask him to tell me my future! Wow, didn't even have you pulled over
yet but could tell that you didn't have a Class M endorsement! Amazing.
Are you SURE you weren't doing something to garner the attention of the
Cop, and then when you got pulled over he asked to see your license?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Don't know how it works in wisconsin but in michigan teenagers are on probation for 3 years when they first get their license. If you get a ticket while on probation, the ticket and your driving history is reviewed for possible further education or revoking of your license. The probation period is also extended when you get a ticket. Supposedly when probation is finished, they will send you a letter indicating so. I say supposedly because I NEVER got that letter.

Maybe it applies to your situation, but young new drivers here have a limit on passengers during their graduated licensing/probationary period.

Best to ask a cop in wisconsin about your situation and what the law spells out. Asking here will just get you alot of "I think" and "In my state, I think"

·
Registered
653 Posts
I thought 18 was considered an adult...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Per the MSF instructors we had, you need to have the M endorsement for two years before you can have a passenger. So far as I know, that's the only probation period in WI for an adult rider. Trying to find the info to verify this...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well last night i was taking this girl for a late night ride through town, i got pulled over. the cop had the ticket wrote up before he pulled us over according to the time stamp on the ticket, followed us for 2 miles, he went right past my buddy who doesn't have a license, insurance, nothin; and came and got me. the cop said i didnt have a valid motorcycle license for operating at night or with a passanger. i gave him my license i had my M endorsment on my license yet he still gave me a ticket for "operating type 1 cycle w/o qual" me and the girl had to walk 2 miles to my house to get her car, she dropped me back off at my bike and i got it home. i called down to the cop shop today and said what the hell is going on i have my license. they were saying i only have my probationary license? they voided the ticket though since i had my license, so im so confused weather or not i was breaking the law or not. what the hell is the probation license and how long does it go for, since i had my permit took the MSF course and got my license. what are the rules of the "probationary license" for Wisconsin i cant find them anywhere. apparently there the same as the permit according to the cop, if thats the case i wasted my time and money getting my license.[/QUOTE

I have a question, you stated that by the time stamp on the ticket it was
wrote prior to pulling you over? And said ticket was for not having a Class M endorsement, am I correct? Because if this is the case, I want to meet this
Cop, and ask him to tell me my future! Wow, didn't even have you pulled over
yet but could tell that you didn't have a Class M endorsement! Amazing.
Are you SURE you weren't doing something to garner the attention of the
Cop, and then when you got pulled over he asked to see your license?

thats the thing i have my m class endorsement yet he still wrote the ticket? it got voided since i went down to the cop shop and proved them i had it when i gave the cop my license. i think he just fucked up on the timestamp on the ticket?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts