Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put a 2005 swingarm on my bike. As you are probably aware the 2003/4 rear brake line is not long enough. I think using the standard rearsets the 2005/6 rear brake line is long enough but I have aftermarket rearsets on my bike and the line is nowhere near long enough!

I have now had enough of trial and error, I have spent loads on lines that I 'thought' would work, has anyone got a clue as to which bike has a rear line that is suitable? It needs to be approx 53cm long, with the banjo's at 90 degrees to each other.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't you just get a custom made brake line?
lol. That may be my next option.

I like to recycle 2nd hand parts (really means - tight arse)

Just wondered if there was an off the shelf item that fits.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
There are brake line kits for sale. If you are making more than a few, it is much more economic to go that route. IT comes with everything that you need to make several brake lines. The only thing that you might need to purchase is a crimping tool.

--David

EDIT: I couldn't find the kits that come with a bunch of banjos, several feet of lines, and all the connectors, but here is a company that will build whatever you need.

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/customline.cfm

·
Registered
188 Posts
nope i had to get a plus 3 inch brake line made for my set up.. you can try.. but the problem i ran into was the angles of the line hook ups were different for other bike set ups and rearsets and calipers.. my suggestion is a custom line where you can angle the hook ups

1 - 5 of 5 Posts