Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am very sad to anounce I sold my 250 because I had an online affair with the Z1000 and will only cost me 650 bones more than what I sold the ninja for.

I love the ninja but just cant afford to have 2 bikes at once. I sold the ninja for 3850 to a local who was very excited...he had been wanting one for a while. I was very happy because I sold it for what I paid for it. I let him have my Areap though so I guess it cost me 450 bucks to ride a brand new bike for a season. Thats not bad!

Here are my PERSONAL reasons:

1. tis the season to sell if you want top dollar for the 250, I predict the market will be flooded with them this fall and nest year, though it still might not keep up with the demand. I have seen many used 08 250s go for $4000 here in salt lake but i just cant price gouge like that.

2. I wanted a bike that had a bit better freeway performance. Dont get me wrong, the 250 does great on the freeway but I want to take longer trips/adventures and for me personally the 250 feels like its working too hard cruising at 75 for long periods of time(especially with that loud areaP), plus you cant pass/merge with traffic as easily.

3. Ive always wanted a Hooligan looking street fighter type bike, and the Z1000 has always been my fav!

4. I enjoy customizing and buying add ons almost as much as riding, and the z1000 is a perfect blank canvas. I shall post my work when it happens.

The sad part is the Z1000 I was going to buy today had too many flaws. I found another one that looks promising but its in Denver...so tomorrow I take the long 8hr drive to denver from salt lake. I am putting alot of trust in the seller that the bike is pristene so I hope it works out. I will miss the 250 and wish I could have kept it too. I hope I can find the "kkim" of Z1000s. Ill still be around, thanks to all of you for being good folks.

Now let the :violent:begin, I know I know why would I go from a 250 to a 1000cc:Laughing rolling:... Ill be ok!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Good for you!! Those Z1000's are sexy bitches.

Ride safe.

--David

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
nice choice in the z1000. its an awesome looking bike. iwould liketo ride one. my friend is getting a bike soon and its either ganna be an 03 sv1000 or a z1000

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!! ADULTERER!!!! MOTHER FORNICATOR!!!!!

lol... enjoy man... be safe.
:)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Good luck I almost bought one then the guy wanted to hit me up for more after he agreed on a price and to meet me ended up falling in love with my 07 zx6r

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hah good luck man! For some odd reason I've only been on liter bikes other than my 250. R1, RC51, and last night I rode my brother's Daytona 955i for about an hour. I was more than happy to get back on my 250. lol

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
^^mother fornicator...thats a good one. im ganna use that one:D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice upgrade. Z1 is fairly high up on my naked bike list. Its ugly, but in a good way (if that even makes sense).

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cool, not the reaction I was expecting... I am a "mother fornicator" I know. I doubt the Z1 relationship will last more than 2 years... I got the :grass is greener" disease with motorcycles, there are so many I want to ride but I dont make enough money to keep them all.

There is only one other way this could be better, if I was a "mother polygamist" and I could ride a different bike every day of the week...haha I am in utah you know!

thanks for the support guys!

·
Registered
87 Posts
You'll love that Z1000. I had an 03 for about 3 years and it was a great bike, had a lot of fun on it. But then I bought a 05 ZX-10R and the poor Z never got ridden anymore. So I sold it and now I want it back.

Good luck with the new baby!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I love naked bikes, I fell in love with the Sv650 when it first came out. But when the z1000 cam around it took the cake for me. I just saw a kawi green one on the highway with an aftermarket exhaust. It looked sick with high mounts and sounded evil. It is funny that the z1000 light is the basis for the front light of the 08 250. Have a blast!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts