Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it always helps when you barley, weigh any thing and an exhaust and ajet kit ,ooopppsss and a sneaky peet of NOS, even a 1300cc boosa can't hang, my little 600cc, ninja zx6r runs 10.7 in the quarter mile

its not about how fast you are,but if you can drag past me!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
A busa with a not-so-skilled pilot should be able to beat a 10.7 1/4 mile no prob. Not to rain on your parade or anything, but there was a mostly stock (no NOS) gixxer 6 that had a better time than that around here. Not to mention numerous zx12r's, busa's, r1's, zx9r's, 929's... the list goes on & on. And these are all local amateurs who run their bikes once in a while. Totally stock 600's here run low 11's mostly AFAIR.

I'd be happy with a 10.7 though, but I don't drag my precous bike. She & I prefers turns ;)

·
Registered
695 Posts
if mostly stock 6Rs runs low 11s and busas, zx12s and R1 are running low 10s...we are talking 1 second difference?

Why the fuck would anyone get a bike that costs 4 to 6 thousand dollars more, not to mention a shit load of more insurance because of the bigger bike for 1 F*cking second difference!??!?!?! That makes no sense to me. I guess some people love to say "I've got a busa".

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Which one do you figure is faster where it REALLY counts? You know, not straight line drags, but when the road has TURNS in it???

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
A 6R is a lot easier to launch than a busa. Even if a 6R beats a busa down the 1/4, it wouldn't get much past that if they kept going.

I rode a busa before, and they handle surprisingly well. It's just a totally different bike. You don't ring it's neck like ya do the 6R during fast riding. When I rode it, I was conservative. But there are busa riders out there that can pretty well keep up regardless of the road. Ya gotta muscle it more though. It doesn't take much of a straight for that 1300cc beast to blow by our 599cc's. Another example is a guy I know with an 1100cc blackbird. He scrapes his bodywork (on the track)and is most often at the head of the pack on the street, and the busa is a more "capable" bike according to the experts.

But I think there are probably a lot of busa riders out there that are buying it for the top-speed stuff, and aren't into the tight stuff.

I still love the 6R though! In the real world it's all ya need. Just don't get into a roll-on contect with a busa. [B)]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You take that guy that's scraping his pegs on the Blackbird, then throw him on a 2003 ZX636R (give him time to learn the bike of course) and I think we ALL can agree he'd be faster through the twisties... that's my point. No question in ANYBODY'S mind if you take the two bikes in a straight line, the 6R is gonna be screamed to the boobs just to keep the Blackbird in sight... but I think the extra 138 pounds (that's right... 138 pounds... only a miniscule 124 pounds for the Hayabusa) would feel like WORLDS removed off his back going through twisties...

All depends on the kind of riding you like to do... there's Hayabusa/Blackbird people out there, lots of 'em, but my guess is they like to do some longer tours, lotsa highway stuff, maybe throw in the odd medium-pace twisty section, fireroad twisties and so on...

Personally, the reason I still go for the 600 supersports is because I like going for quick rides through tighter stuff... we purposely head out for the gnarliest roads around, and 300-mile trips down the local interstates just don't cut it for me... nothing against people who smile under their helmets doing top speed runs down the highways...

As for the guy who's scraping his pegs on a Blackbird, he's got my ultimate respect... but I wonder if he's also got the wrong bike if that's what kinda riding he's after on a regular basis?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The blackbird is different that way... when I said scraping bodywork I meant the lower plastics [:0]. He took the long feelers off the pegs, so I don't think he touched those down, he's gotta really watch his pipes too.. He only does that at the track though. But my point is this... we never leave him in the dust on the street. Never. But we're all smart enough to know that the street is not the place to be draggin parts.

When I say steets, I mean the twistiest stuff we can find. The busa guy, well it depends. He's fairly new. If he's feeling brave enough, he'll go the same pace as everyone else. But usually he's at the back in the tightest stuff. But that's just experience. I've seen him backin it in a few times at the front of the pack.

On the track I know the guy would be faster on a 6RR, but he's 48 years old, and a race replica bike is not for him anymore. And if he's leadng our pack on the street, it's really the perfect bike for him. If he does more track days he may look at somethign else though. He's basically admitted he's hit the ceiling there. But even there he's embarrasing a LOT of sportier bikes.

The only thing I'm gettin at is the pilot is the biggest factor. Just look at the gixxer 1k for example. How many squids bought that bike cause it was the fastest 1000, and they couldn't beat a scooter thourgh the twisties on the thing LOL. A busa in the right hands could easily spank an unsupecting 6R rider (and vice versa of course).

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Two things... I love it... and you are sooooooooo right...

I love a 48 year old embarassing squids on hyperbikes... and you're absolutely right about rider making all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Two things... I love it... and you are sooooooooo right...

I love a 48 year old embarassing squids on hyperbikes... and you're absolutely right about rider making all the difference in the world.

I'm looking forward to some stories from you soon about spanking some gixxer 750's on your new ride. Just like the green boys in SuperStock!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can't possibly be proud of yourself for using a "sneakypete"?? That is the weakest shit I've ever seen. Especially because I went to the track and got an 11.3 my first night out, without doing anything to the bike. ZX6R.

Oh, by the way, that same night, my buddies on an R-1 and gsxr-1K, were pulling 10.2's and 10.3's all night without anything, not even an aftermaket slip-on.

____________________________________________________________"I'll hate you better" S.T.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
At that speed, one second is about 90 feet. It's like cars. You've got the little Hondas with a 16" exhaust tip, no muffler, 10" tach, three shift lights, nitrous, turbo and 8 inches of slick sticking out of their front fender, that run mid 14's and cost $50,000 to build. You pull up to the line in your [insert american V8 car here] that's so quiet you can't here it running, with the AC going and proceeed to lay down a high 12 or low 13 on street tires. It's a different attitude.

Originally posted by Marine

if mostly stock 6Rs runs low 11s and busas, zx12s and R1 are running low 10s...we are talking 1 second difference?

Why the fuck would anyone get a bike that costs 4 to 6 thousand dollars more, not to mention a shit load of more insurance because of the bigger bike for 1 F*cking second difference!??!?!?! That makes no sense to me. I guess some people love to say "I've got a busa".

02 ZX6R (Yellow)
-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"I've seen him backin it in a few times at the front of the pack."

that sounds damn dangerous on the street....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by Andy_7676

"I've seen him backin it in a few times at the front of the pack."

that sounds damn dangerous on the street....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!
Yeah, I agree 100%, "disussions" were held afterwards so everyone knows it's not racing etc. I've also been stuffed in a corner by that bike before...sobering.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Seen a few of those $50k imports get embarrassed by an F350SD with powerstroke diesel. nothing like filling jonnie's car with diesel fumes, :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
At that speed, one second is about 90 feet. It's like cars. You've got the little Hondas with a 16" exhaust tip, no muffler, 10" tach, three shift lights, nitrous, turbo and 8 inches of slick sticking out of their front fender, that run mid 14's and cost $50,000 to build. You pull up to the line in your [insert american V8 car here] that's so quiet you can't here it running, with the AC going and proceeed to lay down a high 12 or low 13 on street tires. It's a different attitude.
Yes, but the american V8 car drinks up 20 liters of gas while the Honda drinks 7. And the american car destroys half the wild life around the city with the fumes. And the little Honda can be parked anywhere, unlike the american bathtub. And... and so on! Give me a break about american cars... ever wondered why no one else in the world buys them?

Back to the topic... there is an old guy (almost 60) around here who rides a Hayabusa like no one else, but he makes better timings on track-days with a CBR 600 than with his Busa. A 600 is certainly faster in twisting roads.

Wilder than the wildest dreams!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Your living in the past Synd :)

Modern sports cars here can corner quite well, the Vette is sought after by lots of people in Europe. I don't know where you get the parking thing? unless they have itty-bitty parking spots in Europe or something.. hehe
There are so few V8 cars over there, the American V8's are distinctly different, and thats why people like em.
Watch LeMans sometime, the fans love the vettes sound as they rumble by...

And yes they burn more gas, but thats OK :) They sounds a hell of a lot better, hehe

I loved my 86 TransAM, beautiful rumble sounds, not the damn buzzing the civics with huge pipes on them make...

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yes, but the american V8 car drinks up 20 liters of gas while the Honda drinks 7. And the american car destroys half the wild life around the city with the fumes. And the little Honda can be parked anywhere, unlike the american bathtub. And... and so on! Give me a break about american cars... ever wondered why no one else in the world buys them?
I got news for ya fella, if nobody is buying American cars, then why are Ford and GM the top two car producers worldwide? How is it that companies like Jaguar, Lotus, Lamborghini, and so many other "elite" European manufacturers being bought out by American auto manufacturers?

I think you better re-check your math. Opel is owned by GM. GM does not enter the European market directly. Ford does, and does quite well thank you very much in places OUTSIDE North America.

"General Motors is the worldwide leader in car manufacture, with a 17% share in the world auto market. Its products are sold in over 170 countries, and its manufacturing base is spread across 43 countries and its annual production is roughly 83 lakh vehicles."

"The Ford Motor Company has a rich legacy of translating better motoring ideas to the roads. It has manufactured notable brands such as the Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and the Jaguar. It is among the top five industrial corporations in the world and is available in more than 200 countries around the world."

And furthermore, North American auto production now accounts for over 30 percent of the world's total. Compare this with 1990, when the percentage was at 25 percent. North American manufacturers are capturing a LARGER share of the total market today than ever before.

Just wanted to set the record straight. People DO buy 'em - ALL OVER THE WORLD. And American cars conform to the same stringent standards of emissions controls as ANY manufacturers do. As a matter of FACT, North American standards for emissions are known to be extremely tough. California in particular has raised the bar to levels not experienced anywhere else in the world. To say that American cars are killing half the wildlife around the city with fumes and insinuating that "foreign" cars are NOT is TOTAL BS. I think you're misguided in both these regards.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well said DJ, you brought a goddamned tear to my frigging eye! Take one up the starfish u annyoing tree huggers!! :D

Let Saddam come and play!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'll tell you why most Europeans don't buy american cars with V8 engines, they can't afford the displacement tariff. Thats right kids, the Hitler bully boys in charge on the other side of the pond tax the citizens annually on the displacement of their car's engine. That is why you see so many BMW's and such with odd engines that you don't see over here. 1.8 liters are popular, anything over 2 liters of displacement becomes prohibitively expensive to own. Besides, when gas is 6 bucks a gallon, what average person can afford to drive one? Just a side note, my 95 BMW 325is (2.5l 6 cylinder) with only a chip and an intake gets the same mileage as my 2002 Ford Mustang (4.6l V8) and the mustang makes about 75 more horsepower. So put that in your pipe and smoke it[:p]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.