·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thedailyjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006609260321

Article published Sep 26, 2006
Fatal motorcycle collision still being investigated
From staff reports

MILLVILLE -- An investigation into a fatal weekend collision between a station wagon and motorcycle was continuing, police said Monday.

Police identified the victim as Leroy G. Wilkerson, 41, of Stave Mill Road in Bridgeton. Wilkerson died at the scene.

Police were still trying to contact relatives Monday.

The accident took place shortly before 4 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Morias Avenue and West Main Street.

A preliminary investigation indicates a Ford Taurus station wagon had been eastbound on West Main Street and the motorcycle had been traveling west. The station wagon driver, Maryellen Gould of Cedarville, attempted a left turn onto Morias Avenue when the crash occurred, police said

Wilkerson was thrown from his Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle, and his body wound up on grass next to 2500 W. Main St.

Gould, 70, was taken to South Jersey Healthcare Regional Medical Center in Vineland with an arm injury.

She was treated and released.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the dude's name is familiar to me, but as is typical in that area, most go by nicknames and i may know him by his nick. i haven't talked to my daughter yet. she's a dispatcher at the bridgeton pd. i know exactly where the accident occurred, travelled that road many times. kinda rural area. but still had plenty of folks cut in or pull-out in front of me along that stretch of 49.

·
Registered
605 Posts
RIP..[V]

It seems like maybe we need to put these things away early this year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.