Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any SoCal people on here heard anything about the crash on Latigo Canyon today around 1:00 PM?

awiner, cd3kd and myself were coming up Latigo from PCH today around that time.

We come flying around a blind turn only to almost run right into a fire truck and police car sitting in the middle of the road. We were forced to turn around and had to go back down. They dont do shit like that unless something really BAD happened. Latigo is where I had my, err, "altercation" with a guardrail last May.

A few minutes later a chopper flew overhead and I knew someone had a baad day, but I cant seem to find any details on the incident. I am hoping its not someone I knew.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I ride Latigo almost every weekend so I looked it up and here's what I found. I don't know who they are. Makes me think twice about riding there.

Safe riding!

Three Motorcyclists Crash Near Malibu, One Dies in Canyon
MALIBU, September 23, 2006 - One person was killed Saturday in a crash involving three motorcycles in Malibu, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The deceased person's motorcycle went over the side of the road. The other two were in the road. The other riders were injured.
The crash occurred just before 1 p.m. on Latigo Canyon Road, just north of Pacific Coast Highway, said CHP Officer Patrick Kimball.

The man died at the scene, the CHP said.

Here is the link http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=4592102

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man. I hate to see things like that.

Be careful all.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I haven't heard anything more, but I figured something happened..I was there Sunday and the CHP was all over encinal, Latigo, and pima..saw one helicopter and numerous cars..no motor patrol though..

I haven't been there in a while, but came over because my normal places were burnt out or on fire...didn't even bother to go to the lookout point :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes last sunday was like a shopping mall for CHP. I was going Mulholland East from Rock Store around 10-11am and saw a team with a trailer. Then, later on going Mulholland North bound toward PCH, there was a another team. They looked like they were searching in bush for something. I spotted them and slowed down so was ok for me. Some guys said they were there for fast cars. I'll be really carefull this weekend!!

Really feel bad about the guy at Latigo.

Safe riding to all of you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.