Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what's going on with it? Do you think the class is hot enough for them to update it? I think the new thing is the 1000cc superbikes, and it looks to me like they're putting all their chips on the ZX6R and the new ZX10R. I'm afraid the 12 is going to get pushed to the back with the ZX9R and the ZX7R.
I have decided that the 12 is going to be my next bike, if I ever save enough cash or build up enough credit to get one.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
There is no back for the 7 or 9, they're just gone. The biggest threat to the 12 is the ZZR1200. More comfortable, more useable, longer range and inching up on the same performace level day by day.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I mean. I don't think that the 12R can compete with the Hayabusa, and instead of keeping it around, they'll just use the ZZR1200 as their big bore sport touring bike, and probably get rid of the Concours. How many more years do you think the ZX12r will be around?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I'm trying to talk my father into buying a 2002 ZX-12 in blue and gold. That was a great looking paint scheme that year and he almost bought one the day I bought my 6R.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, the picture didnt work. I can't seem to access my uploaded pictures, so I thought posting the URL would work, but I guess not. Maybe I caught the site in between updates; I'll try again later.

·
Registered
493 Posts
the busa is a bit more relaxed bike compared to the zx12. they are right next to each other performance wise. the busa is a bit more comfortable, little lower too. neck and neck straightline the busa a tenth or so faster, but the zx12 outhandles, and the busa outbrakes from the tests i've read. two very powerful bikes. my money is that the new litre bikes, r1, and zx10r will be just as fast if not faster.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that's the problem. Now that they have huge ass kickin bikes like the GSXR1000, and the ZX10, are they going to need 190mph land rockets? With the demise of the Blackbird a year or two ago, I think that class is fizzling out. Actually it seems like every class but the 600s and the 1000s is slowly disappearing.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Don't worry, the cruiser war will be plenty entertaining for the years to come. Have you seen the Vulcan 2000? 2000cc's!!! and the Triumph Rocket III? 2200cc's!! Why does anyone need this?

·
Registered
534 Posts
cruisers? I'd either sport the new Honda Rune or a HD Vrod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.