Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 636 with stock exahust. My FI light came on, so i searched here and found out it is connected to the servo many times. The bolt is tight, however the motor wiggles back and forth like it is stuck then the FI light comes on when i hit the kill switch. Do these motors go bad after 2200 miles? can i do the servo eliminator with stock exhuast? thanks for the time

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
the same thing happened to me. mine got stuck, but not until over 10,000 miles. you could try to break it loose, but it will probably get stuck again. you'll probably just have to replace it. your dealer should cover it under warranty if you have one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the function of this motor and can I just use the servo eliminator like so many people have on aftermarket ex systems. Or do I need to eBay another motor?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
the servo should last the life of the bike, however, things break from time to time. It's job is to move a butterfly valve in the stock exhaust. When you turn the key on, the bike does a systems check, and checking this motor is one of the functions it carries out.
If the motor is damaged or gets stuck, then the FI light will come on. If you disconnect it, it will definitely come on. Plus, the valve in the stock pipe will remain open or closed, depending on where you leave it, which isn't great (especially if it's closed and you're at high revs!).

See if you know anyone with the same bike, and spend a couple of hours pulling your servo out (not apart), and if it's good enough mate, put theirs into your bike and see if the code comes up again. If it does, then it's something else. If the light doesn't come on, then you may need a new servo. You can then ride of with their servo (since you have the working bike), or be nice and give it back to them and either order a new one from the local, or check what's on eBay

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
the servo should last the life of the bike, however, things break from time to time. It's job is to move a butterfly valve in the stock exhaust. When you turn the key on, the bike does a systems check, and checking this motor is one of the functions it carries out.
If the motor is damaged or gets stuck, then the FI light will come on. If you disconnect it, it will definitely come on. Plus, the valve in the stock pipe will remain open or closed, depending on where you leave it, which isn't great (especially if it's closed and you're at high revs!).

See if you know anyone with the same bike, and spend a couple of hours pulling your servo out (not apart), and if it's good enough mate, put theirs into your bike and see if the code comes up again. If it does, then it's something else. If the light doesn't come on, then you may need a new servo. You can then ride of with their servo (since you have the working bike), or be nice and give it back to them and either order a new one from the local, or check what's on eBay
^ what he said

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked one up off of eBay last night.Ill let you know if I have bad luck with that one too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked one up off of eBay last night.Ill let you know if I have bad luck with that one too.

I think I may be having the same problems that you speak of. I def have the same symptoms, and full stock. Same year and size bike. I thought it was the gas or the battery, but I think I may need to check this out as well. I'm new at this, is there any way you could maybe point out what to look for, heck I'm not even sure I know what the servo motor looks like. Is it the little alum plate underneath the seat? How would I be able to tell if it is indeed getting stuck? Sorry for the newbie questions, but I'm trying to keep from dragging this thing into the shop. Oh, by the way, I'm in Fort Walton Beach...just FYI

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is your FI(red) light on? if it is take off your seat and check for the fault code. your manufacturers manual will an explaination on how to do this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts